Do you want Tom Manning as the OC?

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

Do you want Tom Manning as OC?

• Yes

Votes: 193 73.1%
  • No

Votes: 71 26.9%

• Total voters

cyfanbr

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 13, 2013
IL
Wish there was a 3rd option of “on the fence”. Think for now I’m more towards yes, but in reality I am on the fence.

Clonefan94

Oct 18, 2006
Schaumburg, IL
Hall is incredible, but Manning just abandons the running game for drives at a time. He outcoaches himself way too much

This is how I feel. Manning isn't bad, until he starts to think to much and gets worried about outsmarting the other team, instead of just doing what we are good at.

• Agree
Reactions: quasistellar

browns4cy

Sep 3, 2014
Maybe a co offensive coach is needed. How many 3 and outs did we have 2nd half of Oklahoma state game. Cant win when you cant move the ball and your defense is on the field that much. Defense needs help in the big games.

Reactions: jdolson27

IcSyU

Nov 27, 2007
Rochester, MN
I don’t understand how so many other teams can dial up hot routes against the blitz. They make it look so easy. What’s so wrong with us that we can’t?
Our only threats are tight ends. We could do that a few years ago with Lazard/Butler...we have no one worth a **** outside now.

Short of a TD every drive no one will be happy with the OC. Manning isn't great but he's far from terrible.

Reactions: CycloneVet

harimad

Jul 28, 2016
Illinois
Questioning the offense with over 400 yards early in the 4th quarter. lol Not his fault two of top 3 linemen have been out and the best receiver on the team. Far more concerned with special teams, which has been consistently terrible.
It’s appropriate. Yards don’t decide the winner, points do.

400 yards is great, but this is Kansas. It’s troubling that even the worst team in college football can completely stifle us on third down just by stunting a couple of LBs. If they can do it, anybody can do it.

• Winner
Reactions: cstrunk

SECyclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 29, 2011
Pella
WR cant get separation when it’s 1 on 1 and Manning can’t seem to make adjustments when the defense changes. Both equal poor passing. Thankfully we can run

Old87

Sep 30, 2012
That last series was just stupid. Risk Purdy running the ball, then call a long downfield pass into the wind. Unreal

Scruff

Mar 11, 2008
Coralville, IA
It’s appropriate. Yards don’t decide the winner, points do.

400 yards is great, but this is Kansas. It’s troubling that even the worst team in college football can completely stifle us on third down just by stunting a couple of LBs. If they can do it, anybody can do it.

Granted there were possibly two garbage time TDs, I could count on my fingers the number of times I've seen ISU score 50+ points. We get our olinemen back and milton back, this offense is just fine. Focus your fury on special teams, its by far the worst unit at ISU.

• Winner
Reactions: JimmyChitwood

dualthreat

Oct 8, 2008
Call me out if I’m wrong, but I don’t think I’ve ever read the thread on here complaining about the defensive coordinator. And yet I’ve read threads complaining about the offense of coordinator 10-15 years in a row.

huh

Scruff

Mar 11, 2008
Coralville, IA
Call me out if I’m wrong, but I don’t think I’ve ever read the thread on here complaining about the defensive coordinator. And yet I’ve read threads complaining about the offense of coordinator 10-15 years in a row.

huh

Most popular people on a football forums are usually the untested backup QB and some hypothetically better coordinator that will solve all the offensive problems.

CyGuy5

Dec 4, 2013
Kansas City

huh

I don’t know if there’s been a specific thread but there was a lot of talk about poor defense and Heacock’s role in that on here last year

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011

huh

Definitely not the same sort of scrutiny but going in to prevent and letting teams go the length of the field in short spurts and sticking with a 3 man has gotten called out from time to time.

Imo ISU tackles pretty high/not squared up but I'm not sure if that's a DC issue.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron