• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
Go Russian Roulette... everyone throws a card into a hat, one gets pulled and picks up the whole thing.

Kidding. We usually split the tickets when out with others. We did do the Russian Roulette thing once on a trip with a big group out in Cali... it was terrifying.

Reactions: TXCyclones

ISUCyclones2015

Doesn't wipe standing up
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2010
Chicago, IL
Occasionally my friends and I play credit card roulette where all of us put our cards in a hat and whoever the waiter or waitress chooses pays for the whole thing.

I would say most of my friends just split it equally because none of us go harder than the others. If girlfriends or wives are involved, each party pays for themselves. Now that we're getting older a lot of times I'll or someone else will just get the drink bill before dinner. Some other guy gets the dinner on Friday. Another guy gets the dinner on Saturday or some rotation that naturally happens. If you have a good friend group it all evens out eventually.

Colleagues definitely just split it equally when we're on a corp card. We don't care about the exact amount.

Reactions: Cycsk

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Did in early/mid 20s when we ordered a large pizza and everyone drank a couple beers. Nobody wanted to look cheap so waitress would land a 25% or better tip that night. Then one cheap bastard started complaining if someone ordered a dollar bottle more expensive beer and people quit.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Did in early/mid 20s when we ordered a large pizza and everyone drank a couple beers. Nobody wanted to look cheap so waitress would land a 25% or better tip that night. Then one cheap bastard started complaining if someone ordered a dollar bottle more expensive beer and people quit.
FrayedAfraidGuillemot-size_restricted.gif

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
Splitting a bill in any format is a chump move. Take turns paying or flip somebody some cash later.

There are a lot of places now that either won't split the check or they charge to do it.

Maybe if you're out at a higher-end place. I'd doubt that too many of your token bar/grill type places are going to have a problem with it, I imagine it would p*ss off a large chunk of their clientele.

DeereClone

Nov 16, 2009
Separate checks when out for supper with a group...always.

I could see splitting a check if you are sharing appetizers and having drinks, but can’t say that I ever have. Usually just take turns buying apps and everyone buys their own drinks.

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
Split checks 90% of the time. Agree with farmin clone about picking up a round of apps. Sometimes I'll pick up the tab or someone will pick it up all depends who your with and what people are comfortable with.

Bipolarcy

Oct 27, 2008
I usually pay the whole thing. But then, I go with my two daughters and their families and it's not like I'm forced to, but there's an assumption that dad will pay for everything. The only time I don't is when one of the families specifically tells me it's their treat, like for a birthday or Fathers Day.

nfrine

Mar 31, 2006
Nearby
So did the other folks in the group get upset with you? :cool:

• Haha
Reactions: BCClone

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
So did the other folks in the group get upset with you? :cool:
I hadn’t hung out with them for a bit and when I jumped back in, the cheap dude was getting pushed out slowly. He has went on to try to be a blogger against a certain faith because I think he failed out of seminary later. Have no idea why he tried to be a pastor. Guy was the lowest moraled and least ethical person out there.

Macloney

Feb 28, 2014
Up Nort
Growing up on the east coast I didn’t know separate checks was even a thing. One bill for the table. Either someone picked it up with the understanding that the favor would be returned or people just gave in cash.

This.

We cringe when we are with someone and they ask to split the check.

Last edited:
Reactions: I@ST1