Do we think the students move to the SEZ?

hexodat64

Dec 5, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
What do we think? As a student, I've always loved that we are not in the endzone, as I think we get better view of the game than students at most schools. Most stadiums have students in the endzone, as it's generally viewed as a worse view of the game.

But if we are spending all this money on it, along with good view of video board, do we think the students would stay put?

Regardless, it would be nice to get the band with the students. I've always thought the disconnect wasn't greatest thing

cyclonedave25

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 10, 2007
Chicago, IL
I bet the students move to the SEZ, it will free up A LOT of big donor seats, which equals even more $$$.

00clone

Apr 12, 2011
Iowa City area
As a poster, I've always thought that we didn't need a new thread for every single question that could be devised about a particular topic.

:wink:

cloneswereall

Aug 12, 2010
Students are going to end up moved. They're currently taking in one section (at least) that requires donation. It wouldn't surprise me if the band stays put either.

And the band "disconnect" isn't bad with them in the North end, especially compared to when they were in the South end zone.

hexodat64

Dec 5, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
Students are going to end up moved. They're currently taking in one section (at least) that requires donation. It wouldn't surprise me if the band stays put either.

And the band "disconnect" isn't bad with them in the North end, especially compared to when they were in the South end zone.

I'm a Senior this year, so the band has been in it's current location as long as I've been here. But did they really used to be in the SEZ with the students in their current location?

HandSanitizer

Apr 19, 2006
Bondurant, IA
I think it would be cool to have the band and scoreboard in the NEZ and 10K+ students in the SEZ. That would be way more of a factor than now.

00clone

Apr 12, 2011
Iowa City area
I'm sure moving students to the endzone won't effect enrollment or future donations.

Dave...let's not forget that at least for me...I believe the children are our future. We should teach them well and let them lead the way. We should show them all the beauty they posess inside...give them a sense of pride.

chuckd4735

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2006
Indianola
I have always thought moving the students to the SEZ would be a good idea. That way, you can put suites in on the east side and not have to worry about having the students in front of suites.

Also need to put a visitors locker room under the SEZ so we can do away with this stupid criss cross thing.

Last edited:

CyCrazy

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
**** this. I have seats in the endzone. Granted I know they will go up when this project is done, but keep students where they are.

nj829

Mar 18, 2006
Northwest Arkansas
I think leave the students where they are, the endzone fans are their own special breed and can make life miserable for the opposing team. Leave the students at one end to be rowdy, leave the endzone dog pound alone, and profit.

ISUAgronomist

Nov 5, 2009
On the farm, IA
I have a feeling people would be willing to spend more money with a great view of the video board than of the north endzone. Students stay where they are.

cloneswereall

Aug 12, 2010
I'm a Senior this year, so the band has been in it's current location as long as I've been here. But did they really used to be in the SEZ with the students in their current location?
Yea, they used to be in the SEZ. I think they were there until my senior year (07-08) year. Either then or the year before.

Clonehomer

Apr 11, 2006
Students are the reason the university exists and are the donors of the future. They should stay where they are.

Students may be the reason the university exists, but donors are the reason the athletic department exists.

ripvdub

Mar 20, 2006
Iowa
Isu can make more $ off tickets where the students are now than in the end zone. 've moved before, they'll move again.

hexodat64

Dec 5, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
Yea, they used to be in the SEZ. I think they were there until my senior year (07-08) year. Either then or the year before.

Wow, that just seem odd. Seems like they'd be a ways away. I've always thought the students should end up in the endzone. But if they want to make this really nice, it doesn't seem like they would move the students into their brand new seats

Clonehomer

Apr 11, 2006
I thin it depends on whether there will be suites in the SEZ. You do not want the student section near the high end donors.