DO WE KNOW WHERE ROYCE WHITE IS?

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

I-stateTheTruth

Nov 13, 2016
No wonder we couldn't find him - he's been playing as a super hero in disguise:

images

Reactions: Dandy

Cyclonesrule91

Apr 10, 2006
Waukee
This is a ridiculous post. Do you even understand anything about mental illness and anxiety?

Well since you asked...... Yes I do understand anything about mental illness and anxiety. I have a daughter who deals with anxiety and depression on a regular basis and have extended family that has dealt with it. It is a constant battle staying ahead of things and changing medications to keep her ahead of the game as far as her life is concerned. She is still in high school but does have a job and has her good days as well as bad.

What she does not do is go accept a job offer and take an advance on her pay (as in RW's case) and then proceed to tell them how they are going to cater to her every single request and then not work for said pay until they have no way of keeping her and give her the boot. We work with the school and her job supervisor in order to get through times where she is having hard times, and we REALLY appreciate it, but at some point you have to realize that in the end, the job don't owe you **** unless you are benefiting them at some point.

And as a guy who is used to fixing stuff, dealing with this is really tough and frustrating for me at times because I can just go fix it. I can have it going smooth today and everything gets turned on it's head tomorrow so I know how not fun it can't be because I live it.

So don't tell me this is a ridiculous post because I think RW could have done a hell of a lot more for mental illness and anxiety had he not just crap[ed on everyone that gave him chance. What he's doing could also damn well be construed as employers putting up a wall towards dealing with people with anxiety by following what White did. So ya, I'll not give him break and if you don't like it.....that's fine.

CubsClones1

Nov 12, 2012
Prairie City
Well since you asked...... Yes I do understand anything about mental illness and anxiety. I have a daughter who deals with anxiety and depression on a regular basis and have extended family that has dealt with it. It is a constant battle staying ahead of things and changing medications to keep her ahead of the game as far as her life is concerned. She is still in high school but does have a job and has her good days as well as bad.

What she does not do is go accept a job offer and take an advance on her pay (as in RW's case) and then proceed to tell them how they are going to cater to her every single request and then not work for said pay until they have no way of keeping her and give her the boot. We work with the school and her job supervisor in order to get through times where she is having hard times, and we REALLY appreciate it, but at some point you have to realize that in the end, the job don't owe you **** unless you are benefiting them at some point.

And as a guy who is used to fixing stuff, dealing with this is really tough and frustrating for me at times because I can just go fix it. I can have it going smooth today and everything gets turned on it's head tomorrow so I know how not fun it can't be because I live it.

So don't tell me this is a ridiculous post because I think RW could have done a hell of a lot more for mental illness and anxiety had he not just crap[ed on everyone that gave him chance. What he's doing could also damn well be construed as employers putting up a wall towards dealing with people with anxiety by following what White did. So ya, I'll not give him break and if you don't like it.....that's fine.

Royce was open and honest about his mental illness and fear of flying once he declared for the draft and throughout the "interview" process. Houston was aware what they were getting themselves into when they drafted him. How is it Royce's fault that there was no policy in place to deal with his pre-existing medical condition? Maybe he didn't go about it the best or smartest way he could have or should have, but I don't see how placing blame on the player in this situation is fair.

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
Royce was open and honest about his mental illness and fear of flying once he declared for the draft and throughout the "interview" process. Houston was aware what they were getting themselves into when they drafted him. How is it Royce's fault that there was no policy in place to deal with his pre-existing medical condition? Maybe he didn't go about it the best or smartest way he could have or should have, but I don't see how placing blame on the player in this situation is fair.

I doubt if McHale was expecting anything like he got with Royce. And I doubt if Hoiberg "sold" Royce as having this much risk associated with him.

• Agree
Reactions: cyhiphopp

cyhiphopp

Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
Ankeny

I've tried really hard, like I'm sure other ISU fans have, to support Royce since he was drafted. I don't think anyone handled the situation well, and some fault goes to the Houston front office.

But... Royce seemed like he was completely unwilling to cooperate or compromise. He just stopped playing.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but Royce had flown before, he just really didn't like it. Right? He wasn't completely catatonic but it was a huge stressor for his anxiety.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
I doubt if McHale was expecting anything like he got with Royce. And I doubt if Hoiberg "sold" Royce as having this much risk associated with him.
Hoiberg and McHale have quite a bit of history from their Timberwolves days. I highly doubt that Fred was anything but totally honest with McHale on everything he knew about Royce.