Do we have a preference for who wins TCU @ KSU?

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

FarmClone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 3, 2009
Big teddie doesn’t look right. Hope he doesn’t hurt himself more.

stateofmind

Jul 16, 2007
Ankeny
Not sure I've ever seen a box score like that. Only 2 starters scored for TCU for 10 points. 3 of the 4 bench players have scored for 20.

CascadeClone

Oct 24, 2009
I put more than 1 unit on it. TCU without Miles and Lampkin yet only a 4.5 dog on the road? I guess maybe Vegas is trying to sucker me into this one, but I just don't see it.

yeah looks good with 10mins to go, but you never know how it will end up.

surly

May 16, 2013
reservation lake, mn
+_8d90c4dbdd2347a8d90ab352ed91c70a.gif

cyclonespiker33

SuperFanatic
Jan 19, 2011
Just checked the box score, K-State had under 70% attendance. Don't they normally have a pretty full house?

surly

May 16, 2013
reservation lake, mn
Just checked the box score, K-State had under 70% attendance. Don't they normally have a pretty full house?
Many games are sold out, some not. I was disappointed in the students as their corner section wasn't full.

As for the game, without Miles, TCU is rudderless. With him and Lampkin healthy, I believe they're the best team in the league. Last night they just ran out of gas down the stretch. And K-State held serve.

These second go-around games can get ugly because teams know one another so well. That's why the NCAA tournament is more fun (easier on the eyes) for quality teams as the other guy just doesn't know what's about to hit him.

Last edited:

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
Many games are sold out, some not. I was disappointed in the students as their corner section wasn't full.

As for the game, without Miles, TCU is rudderless. With him and Lampkin healthy, I believe they're the best team in the league. Last night they just ran out of gas down the stretch. And K-State held serve.

These second go-around games can get ugly because teams know one another so well. That's why the NCAA tournament is more fun (easier on the eyes) for quality teams as the other guy just doesn't know what's about to hit him.
I have to agree without Miles and only half of Lampkin TCU is still athletic but running around like a bunch of chickens with their heads cut off. Tang was lucky to get TCU at this point. Not to say there is anything wrong with that. Everyone is lucky or unlucky at some point with injuries and the schedule.

TCU got it back to 6 with a few minutes left and I said to Mrs. Velo, "Amazing that TCU has almost got back in this game." They proceed to get outscored something like 17-2 to close out the game. That 6 point deficit may have been a comfortable lead if their two most important players were at 100%.

I can't wait for Miles to get back just in time for ISU so he can kick a bunch of ISU players on his 3 point attempts and shoot a dozen free throws off of them.

Final word - Nowell is wicked quick.

Reactions: surly

surly

May 16, 2013
reservation lake, mn
The game got chippy at the end when Keyontae Johnson took exception to being double team up 20 with 20 seconds to play. TCU's Lampkin got all testy in the handshake line. I wasn't sure what was going to come of it. Kind of scary.