DMB LIVE IN DSM BABY!!

Jonecy

Dec 5, 2006
3.5 Hours From Trice
Can't wait! Should get to the lots by 3 to start the party. Hope they can bring it like they do for Alpine, although I am not expecting that. It will still be a great night to see DMB in town.

They are playing BW pretty heavy right now, hope they will mix it up a little bit for the last week of a looong summer tour.

Here is a great setlist site if you are curious what their set rotation is looking like lately:

DMBAlmanac.com²

Nice - I won't be able to get to the lots until about 6 unfortunately - I'd be there by Noon if I could. :wink:

Personally, I don't care what they play b/c I pretty much like it all - I've seen songs from all albums live besides BW, so I'm cool with them rockin' some 'Why I Am...', 'Shake Me Like A Monkey', 'Spaceman' or 'Seven.' I really like the new album and am curious how they'll deliver it live.

cybsball20

Nov 26, 2006
Des Moines, IA
Remember to stop by The Des Moines Social Club after the show for 65 Roses: A Night to Breathe Easy, a fundraiser for the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation!

zmanzbo

Apr 11, 2006
Nice - I won't be able to get to the lots until about 6 unfortunately - I'd be there by Noon if I could. :wink:

Personally, I don't care what they play b/c I pretty much like it all - I've seen songs from all albums live besides BW, so I'm cool with them rockin' some 'Why I Am...', 'Shake Me Like A Monkey', 'Spaceman' or 'Seven.' I really like the new album and am curious how they'll deliver it live.

They are sounding pretty good, kinda disappointing though that they haven't jammed/expanded out any of them yet. The one exception is Lying in the Hands of God, which is badass live.

Jonecy

Dec 5, 2006
3.5 Hours From Trice
I'll be there - Hope it isn't a let-down compared to what I saw last night (Bruce Springsteen) It's concert week at NobodyBeatsCy's house!

Bruce, Dave and the last band of the week will be the legendary Iowa State University Cyclone Football "Varsity" Marching Band!

I doubt you'll be let down - DMB shows are always full of energy and smiling people. The Boss show had to have been sweet too - would love to see him live at some point. The ISU band comes in a close 3rd. :wink:

cloneluke80

Apr 11, 2006
West Des Moines, IA
anyone need an extra general admission ticket?

I have one available, face value + ticketmaster fee...

private message me...

should be awesome and according to ed wilson we may dodge the rain..

CyinCo

Mar 24, 2006
Clive, IA
I once owned more DMB than any other artist. I haven't listened to much they have released in the last couple albums. What I have heard, I've liked. It should be a good concert.

I'm a big fan of the "live from luther college" with Dave and Tim Reynolds.

Cyclone06

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
Urbandale
Just landed some tickets today. Never been the biggest DMB fan but the latest album hooked me for sure. Excited to see them for the first time, it is certainly an interesting venue.

JHudd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2006
Plano, TX
Quoted for truth!

If we wanted anything out of 2BCT we would ask for it, until then remain quiet and enjoy DMB.:wink: (Though it looks like we get to follow you all in a few months or so....)

BTW, I still don't get to go to this show but I did finally convince the wife that the ISU/Army game was an experience we couldn't miss.

CyCrazy

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
If we wanted anything out of 2BCT we would ask for it, until then remain quiet and enjoy DMB.:wink: (Though it looks like we get to follow you all in a few months or so....)

BTW, I still don't get to go to this show but I did finally convince the wife that the ISU/Army game was an experience we couldn't miss.

Nice work Jhudd :yes: and by the way thanks for the service to this country that you do :yes:

shagcarpetjesus

Apr 18, 2006
I'm pretty excited about this weekend. I moved from Des Moines to Phoenix in the summer of '99. The last ISU home game I saw was against KU on Aug. 31, 2002. When I saw the DMB tour dates come out this spring with a date at Principal Park, I immediately called my best friend in DSM to let him know. At the time I wasn't really planning on coming back for the show, but once he pointed out that September means possible ISU home date & a quick check of the schedule confirmed as much I was sold. I'm flying back tomorrow & can't wait for the Friday/Saturday combo!

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron