Dixon to UCLA

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
The way Dixon rides the officials he is going to dominate the Pac 10 with that blue blood logo on his players jerseys instead of TCU.

I'll be shocked if they don't win the conference in year 2.

jbhtexas

Oct 20, 2006
Arlington, TX
I would disagree that its been working all that well.

We've been getting teams in the tournament, sure, but the fact that everyone beats each other up in conference has hurt seeding and that ends up making the tournament paths harder as well.

You want some sort of balance.

What's better, being in the tournament, or not being in the tournament? The Big 12 has had a Final Four participant 3 years in a row.

You can't have a weaker conference and continue to get 6/10 teams in the tournament. It won't happen. If the conference is weaker, the conference wins will carry less weight in the metrics used to select the tourney field, and that is going to decrease the number of teams that get in.

surly

May 16, 2013
reservation lake, mn
I remember Ku fans several years back saying their lack of success in the NCAA was directly due to their lack of B12 competition. I also have long thought that Gonzaga's issues are in some large part due to their lack of conference competition. Nothing prepares teams for the dance like a tough league. Last year 3 of the E8 were B12. Last year was the strongest league top to bottom perhaps ever.

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com
I remember Ku fans several years back saying their lack of success in the NCAA was directly due to their lack of B12 competition. I also have long thought that Gonzaga's issues are in some large part due to their lack of conference competition. Nothing prepares teams for the dance like a tough league. Last year 3 of the E8 were B12. Last year was the strongest league top to bottom perhaps ever.

If you don't count the Big 8 portion of its history, I agree. 1988, with 3 of the Elite Eight, two in the Final Four, and two in the championship game, would be hard to beat.

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
He about has to go now. Someone at UCLA has to have some money to pay that.

Agreed. I don't know how he stays put at this point. UCLA, Dixon and TCU all look bad in that scenario. I think they'll find a way to make it happen whether it's UCLA ponying up or Dixon negotiating a reduced buyout, or both.

• Agree
Reactions: Cyclonepride

CloneGuy8

Mar 20, 2017
I will miss the hair
s-l225.jpg

huntt26

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006
po' dUnk
And for now at least, Dixon staying at TCU due to large buyout.

Source? All I see related to that is a random guy on Twitter who posted that but then just posted that Calipari is going to be the next TCU coach.

• Funny
Reactions: Cyclonepride

TykeClone

Burgermeister!
Oct 18, 2006

KU's lack of success in the tournament is related to the fact that they get coddled by the officials all year and can't handle adversity when the refs don't bail them out.