Disgraced: Baylor BBall scandal documentary

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
I think Mediacom has free showtime on demand for the next couple of days too.

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
Was 22 when this went down and thought I knew alot but this shed alot of new perspective. Had disgust for Bliss before this but even more so after this. There is a special place in hell reserved for Dave Bliss.

I DVRed this and just got to it now.

Summer 2003 was my final session at ISU (I graduated Aug '03). I knew what had happened at Baylor was really bad, but 1. Like I said, I was in my final session and I was busy trying to graduate 2. It happened during the summer - had it happened either fall or spring semesters when more people were around, you probably would have heard more 3. The story got buried so quickly one never got the chance to get the full scope of the story - until now.

I for one am one of those that would have no issue with ejecting Baylor from the Big 12 and bringing Houston, UTEP, or another Texas school (not named SMU - surprise surprise Bliss was a coach at SMU in the lead up to the death penalty and is basketball program was just as dirty as the football program).

One thing that is absolutely clear in that documentary: Bliss has lied so much over so many years - to himself and everyone else - that he has absolutely no concept of what is truth anymore.

• Agree
Reactions: WalkingCY

CyForPresident

Mar 28, 2006
Cornlands of Ayuxwa
This is on Hulu and I'm watching it now. I was a Sophomore in high school and remember this scandal but didn't remember all the details, but wow. This is basically a movie that could be 8 hours long. Bliss is at SMU during the play for play scandal, goes to Baylor where one player kills another, and then 10 years later Baylor, Briles, and the Waco police systematically cover up 50 plus rapes?!? All of which happens at Christian schools too. What the **** is wrong with these people.

Texas collegiate athletics is really ****** up.

• Agree
Reactions: WalkingCY

cycloner29

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
Look up Hell in the dictionary. It will say place where Dave Bliss is going!! What a true piece of sh!t!!

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
Still waiting for the special on the University of North Carolina death penalty. :rolleyes:

I like how the other day Maryland's president was talking about how UNC deserved the death penalty. While I'm inclined to agree with him, I wanted to tell him "child, please - Maryland is more likely to get the death penalty for UNC's transgressions than UNC will see any kind of significant punishment from this."

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron