Disappointed

Cyhops

Nov 4, 2009
Oak Island NC
I will say it, yes the game was disappointing however from afar everything else was also.
The gameday thread was dead.
The crowd was sparse
Their seemed ro be no noise in the stadium, even from the beginning.

I think the fan base was accepting of improvements over rhe past few weeks and mailed it in.

Begin your rants of best fan support for a 3 win team, yadda yadda......

DurangoCy

Jul 5, 2010
Durango, CO
We got better this year, which is a pleasant surprise.
- Park is better than I initially thought. Lanning is a great teammate and can help us win.
- Receivers are ok, but need to cut down on drops and they can be really good.
- Mongomery is a stud, and I really hope Warren gets right and we can have both back there.
- O-Line pleasantly surprise, hopefully a sign of things to come.
- D-Lines needs 4 more bodies, which sucks because I think we're losing a lot.
- Linebackers looked less bad as season progressed.
- Secondary are amazingly bad some games, all last year and today. I was shocked when I heard we had the best past defense, but I assume that's because everyone could run on us.

Today was a stinker, but overall I think Campbell can win here.

CoKane

Oct 26, 2013
Cedar Rapids
WVU aint Texas Tech. That doesn't take anything away from last week or mean anything for next year. We improved a lot over the season. If we pick up where the left off with this year we could sneak into a bowl next year. The Big 12 isn't that intimidating next year and either is our non conference schedule

CloneinWDSM

Aug 9, 2013
Crowd looked fine on tv for the 1st half. Maybe the west side that they don't show was empty but besides the students I thought it was a decent turn out.

Omaha Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 1, 2007
www.tecmobowl-vs-rbi.com
Clones didn't convert a couple 4th down attempts in the 1st half, and despite driving the ball well, had to settle with 4 field goals. There were opportunities there to at least make this a 4 qtr game, so that's a positive, but they had to play much better in order to think about winning this game.

CyGuy5

Dec 4, 2013
Kansas City
I felt like the crowd was better this week. Also, the stadium had good energy for the first half IMO. It was almost if not equally good as last week. Game day thread I'm not sure about but my guess is that people are probably traveling back from their thanksgiving destinations.

Last edited:

StPaulCyclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 9, 2008
Duh!
Disappointing. Early penalties were frustrating, but it was the coaching that really was the most disappointing. The onside kick wasn't necessary and lead to a short field and a score. Lots of misuse of personnel, often in key situations. I was asking 'where is Lanning?' in the first trip to the red zone. Why was Park running the ball. Then, 4th and 1 and no Montgomery, but Warren? Heck, no Lanning either. Where was Lanning in the first half? Why are we throwing to TEs on key downs? Why weren't we pressuring their QB? Oh, and Time Outs are supposed to be used exclusively, because you can't get offensive plays in. Anyway, it felt like they were in it and then they would contribute to giving WV the momentum. WV are still punks.

Last edited:

awd4cy

Dec 29, 2010
Central Iowa
We are 11-37 in the last 4 years. You're shocked people aren't super excited about football at the end of November? I was there today and enjoy getting back to games when I can, but I also am understanding of the lack of excitement from others.

CYphyllis

Jun 22, 2010
Disappointing. Early penalties were frustrating, but it was the coaching that really was the most disappointing. The onside kick wasn't necessary and lead to a short field and a score. Lots of misuse of personnel, often in key situations. I was asking 'where is Lanning?' in the first trip to the red zone. Why was Park running the ball. Then, 4th and 1 and no Montgomery, but Warren? Heck, no Lanning either. Where was Lanning in the first half? Why are we throwing to TEs on key downs? Why weren't we pressuring their QB? Oh, and Time Outs are supposed to be used exclusively, because you can't get offensive plays in. Anyway, it felt like they were in it and then they would contribute to giving WV the momentum. WV are still punks.

Everyone's favorite, the recliner coach.

CTTB78

Apr 7, 2006
This is not the same team that we saw in the UNI and Iowa debacles. The improvement, especially on offense, is a win. If we have five more impact freshman in the incoming class like we had this year, I like our chances with this coaching staff in '17.
See everybody in next year's bowl party.

awd4cy

Dec 29, 2010
Central Iowa
We did use Lanning in the first half because Park was doing very well helping move the offense up and down the field. Also, we were having enough trouble as it was establishing the run in the first half. We were throwing to TEs on key downs because we should be able to rely on them. They are d1 TEs and it keeps their defense guessing.

• Agree
Reactions: CyInDFW

ArgentCy

Jan 13, 2010
Lanning technically didn't play at all since his ONE play was called back due to a BS penalty. My question is why / how in the world do the coaches know that WVU was going to stack the box and he would be ineffective. Really disappointed he didn't play in the second half when Park was struggling. The RB's were never covered as the safety valve and he didn't even look at them but once and then badly threw to them once.

Help Support Us

Become a patron