Did we ever go to 4 down

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

CYCLNST8

Jul 19, 2008
Urbandale
www.gimikk.com
Oh, yeah. We went back and forth. On the bright side, this may be one of the best run stuffing D’s we’ve seen in a long time. Of course, we were DARING that fat **** Stanley to pass. Oklahoma will force us to cover more of the field.

• Agree
Reactions: cygrads

omar34

Mar 8, 2017
OU's QB is quite a bit better than Iowa's! Much tougher game!

mattyheiden

May 3, 2011
MN
ISU ran 7-8 in the box all day. A lot of 4 man fronts. Thought the play of the DBs on Iowa’s WRs was a bigger factor than the front 6-7. They were able to play man most of the day, creating numbers mismatches up front. If Iowa’s WRs are able to be covered one on one by the DBs, it makes it very difficult to execute their zone blocking scheme. Plus, Stanley was often off target yesterday.

• Agree
Reactions: I-stateTheTruth

SolarGarlic

Jan 18, 2016
Next weeks game could be extremely ugly.

Any game with uber talented OU can get ugly, but I expect our offense to find a lot more room than they did yesterday. Stopping Murray and all of their weapons will be much more difficult than stopping Fat Stanley, but our defense is deep and talented.

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
Lineman, I think we should have. Think we'll need to Saturday! To keep OU's QB In the pocket.

The defense was the lone bright spot of the game last week and we're going to talk about how we need to change it for next week?

This thread doesn't need to exist.

Bigman38

SuperFanatic
Jul 27, 2010
Council Bluffs, IA
They played with 3 and 4. Iowa couldn’t beat either, the depth at d line seems to be there this year. It’ll give Heacock a ton of flexibility to do whatever he wants this year.

Reactions: CYCLNST8