Did the non-conference record match your expectations?

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha
No way. NIT has a very competitive field. 16-15 has us sitting at home. I think we have to go 8-8 to get consideration for the NIT. Don't see it happening.

With all the creampuff non conference schedules in America, 20 wins is almost needed for NIT. So you need to split the Big 12 conference games. If you do that, then you go to NCAA. So I think we have played our way out of the NIT. Nothing or the NCAA.

The_Architect

Apr 11, 2006
About what I expected: Some pleasant "upsets" and some head-scratching losses. I expect conference play to be the same.

cstrunk

Mar 21, 2006
Longview, TX
Pretty close to what I thought. I don't remember what I predicted for sure, but I think it was either 11-4 or 12-3. The wins and losses were a little odd (Hawaii and SDSU?). I think we'll go 5-11 in Big 12 play. 16-15 going into the Big 12 Tournament.

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com
It seems about right. I'm not convinced that the "Big XII North" is impressive overall this year, so that has to factor into some wins. I sure hope to be present for two victories over Nebraska:yes:

We should be able to win a handful of conference games. There is more coming together than falling apart.

Reactions: lakeliving

URBCLONE

Mar 26, 2006
Urbandale
We really should be 14-1..Iowa is the only one who really kicked our butt...We could of one every other game we just made stupid mistakes

Exactly! No excuses for the Drake and SDSU losses. Hawaii game should not have been lost considering the huge 2nd half lead and even the late lead.

ripvdub

Mar 20, 2006
Iowa
No reason we cant sweep Kst, Col, Neb. And then beat TT, take a home game vs Mizzou and beat OSU. Unfortunately thats all wishful thinking.

clone4life82

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 17, 2008
Ankeny
No reason we cant sweep Kst, Col, Neb. And then beat TT, take a home game vs Mizzou and beat OSU. Unfortunately thats all wishful thinking.

Mizzou is much better than advertised... They should be able to sweep us. I'm thinking we'll be lucky if we're able to do all of the following; split with KSU, and Col, sweep Neb, beat TTU, and OSU... Other than that, I think it's going to be tough to beat any of the other teams (I hope our boys prove me wrong:yes:). I see us getting 4 wins the rest of the way out... maybe 5.

GoSTATE71

May 19, 2008
i only saw us losing to houston and iowa to be completley honest, especially iowa for some reason i never like playing iowa in iowa city we odnt seem to win there, i think we should of been 14-1, 13-2 honestly theres no reason we shouldnt of been, we shouldnt of lost to drake, hawaii, or SDSU

GoSTATE71

May 19, 2008
we wont sweet nebraska and split with colorado itll be the other way around

Clonegrad07

Jul 22, 2008
North Carolina
I haven't gotten to see much of us this year, so this isn't really THAT well informed, but I've read about each game and checked the stats from each. Also talked to a friend who was front row for the last game... He said it's going to be a LONG Big 12 season... I don't think we'll get 7 Big 12 wins unless someone OTHER than Brackins learns how to score on a CONSISTENT basis. We also need a guard who can get into the lane better. Diante is getting better, but still not good enough. Could be a long Big 12 season. Probably 5 wins... My prediction for the Big 12 season:
@ Texas - L
vs. Nebraska - W
@ Mizzou - L
vs. KU - L
@ Colorado - L - WE ARE TERRIBLE IN BOULDER!
vs. Oklahoma - L
@ KSU - L
vs. Mizzou - W
vs. Colorado - W
@ Okie St. - L
@ KU - L
vs. KSU - W
vs. Baylor - L
@ A&M - L
@ Nebraska - W
vs. TT - L

Latest posts