Did anyone catch the random Hawkeye fan during the Boise St game?

MeanDean

SuperFanatic
Jan 5, 2009
Blue Grass IA-Jensen Beach FL
My wife and I ran into her and her husband on the beach yesterday morning. As we do now, she roots for both teams unless we are playing each other. They live a few hours away and came to the beach to see the game. Very nice people!

This is exactly what I expected. It almost looked like a generic IOWA -the-state-of-Iowa generic shirt, but it is a hok shirt.

To her I'm sure she didn't have any idea of her mistake. Somebody in her family should have explained it to her and suggested she just wear some kind of a red top with some kind of a yellow/gold accent piece like a scarf or vest. She would have blended in an no one would have thought a thing about it.

Cyhops

Nov 4, 2009
Oak Island NC
This is exactly what I expected. It almost looked like a generic IOWA -the-state-of-Iowa generic shirt, but it is a hok shirt.

To her I'm sure she didn't have any idea of her mistake. Somebody in her family should have explained it to her and suggested she just wear some kind of a red top with some kind of a yellow/gold accent piece like a scarf or vest. She would have blended in an no one would have thought a thing about it.

Or she isn't concerned with a random person on the internet thinks and supported both teams.

StateThrowdown

Oct 27, 2008
Jasper County
I have never understood this (though I never thought about the whole oblivious mom example, which actually makes a lot of sense)...But for the others, I always wonder if they actually own neutral apparel?? I always envision a closet where literally every shirt is a Hawkeye shirt and they have nothing else to wear.

Over the years I’ve had the opportunity to attend some of my favorite teams rival’s games where they weren’t playing the team I cheer for (Iowa included) and I always have chosen to wear neutral apparel. Seems like the courteous thing to do IMO. In fact, I had a long discussion with a gal in our tailgating group that wore her Hawkeye shirt to an ISU - K-State game. She said it was just to piss people off. She succeeded I suppose.

• Winner
Reactions: LincolnSwinger

YeahBuddy

Jul 11, 2016
Well, at least she got to spend time with a classy fan base and see a well-coached team that has improved immensely from the initial start of the season. These are things you WON'T experience in IC - so, I guess I don't blame her completely.

18ft39qocghuojpg.jpg

FredCyclone

Sep 30, 2017
There was a spectator dressed in all hawkeye gear by himself, in a sea of red during football senior night. He stood out on TV.

StClone

Dec 17, 2009
Wisconsin
This thread is proving this is true in CF world too: View attachment 51817

Puerto Ricans are "Citizens" but have been treated like anything but for many decades. I can understand how people do not get it and I refer to them as "country". Having been to the territory, I see them as proud but now really questioning our relationship

Last edited:

laminak

Jun 13, 2010
Marion

http://www.thegazette.com/2008/09/06/booing-college-players-is-for-the-birds

http://www.sportingnews.com/ncaa-ba...head-espn-facebook/17nf6ddoahlpa11wtbmvb72twh

https://www.barstoolsports.com/iowa...ing-****-to-him-tells-them-to-suck-a-fat-one/

Bf-q731IcAAj-zX.jpg

Reactions: Cyclone27inQC

Frak

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 27, 2009
Puerto Ricans are "Citizens" but have been treated like anything but for many decades. I can understand how people do not get it and I refer to them as "country". Having been to the territory, I see they as proud but now really questioning our relationship

Maybe they should become a regular state. They seem to want the benefits of being a state without the drawbacks.

SpokaneCY

Apr 11, 2006
Spokane, WA
My wife and I ran into her and her husband on the beach yesterday morning. As we do now, she roots for both teams unless we are playing each other. They live a few hours away and came to the beach to see the game. Very nice people!

NONONONONO! That doesn't support the narrative. You are banned for speaking out in support of any Iowa fan who happens to support ISU at times. Die a thousand deaths you non-fan! :)

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
I don't know that Fran has ever won a title of any kind at Iowa so maybe they wanted to see what it was like

Well, they did finish runner-up in the NIT in 2013. It didn't take long for the Hoks to convince themselves they had a better year than us because of that (that was the year we lost in the second round to OSU when they were playing 70 miles from their campus.

• Dislike
Reactions: Nozick

StClone

Dec 17, 2009
Wisconsin
Maybe they should become a regular state. They seem to want the benefits of being a state without the drawbacks.

There are many war veterans from PR. They pay many of the same taxes except Federal and are training grounds for the military. If anything they have gotten the short end of this relationship.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron