Did anyone catch the random Hawkeye fan during the Boise St game?

wxman1

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 2, 2008
Cedar Rapids
It has always amazed me how many hawk fans will go to our games both home and away and wear Iowa stuff. I think it was the WVU fb game they showed a guy there wearing hawk stuff. I was more shocked by the fact that he actually appeared to be cheering for us. That usually is not the case.

Macloney

Feb 28, 2014
Up Nort
I would never attend an iowa sporting event by choice, but I rep ISU gear on an almost daily basis in Lawrence, KS. When people call me out on it, I just explain that it's my life. Raised a Clone, married a Cyclone, I'm reppin that **** everywhere I go until the day I die (unless they switch to an odd poop emoji/ham logo).

On the other hand, a hawk fan wearing their stuff around is clearly an *******.

Haverhill

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 4, 2009
Ames
www.twitter.com
She picked a good sporting event to attend!

She also apparently got the desired reaction as well, buying up more real estate in some of you posters' heads.

• Friendly
Reactions: MeowingCows

theshadow

Apr 19, 2006
There is always one. Always. Even in the most unlikely of places.

Big 12 MBB tournament in Dallas? Yep.
Pinstripe Bowl rally in NYC? Yep.

• Agree
Reactions: Frak and Macloney

FinalFourCy

Mar 5, 2017
Do Iowa State fans wear their Iowa State gear to Hawkeye games? Never noticed, but can't say that I watch too many Hawkeye athletic events.
That’s beyond the Super Bowl mindset of most Iowa fans. Ferentz would be proud.

Cyhops

Nov 4, 2009
Oak Island NC
My wife and I ran into her and her husband on the beach yesterday morning. As we do now, she roots for both teams unless we are playing each other. They live a few hours away and came to the beach to see the game. Very nice people!

amishclone

Feb 23, 2014
I think she's a local that:
Shops at Wal-Mart
Works at McDonald's
Didn't go to Iowa like most of their fan base
Your scheduled reminder that there are other reasons for rooting for a team besides having gone to school there.

• Winner
Reactions: isu2014

NickTheGreat

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 17, 2012
Central Iowa
I think it's kinda an odd move to wear the garb of a team who isn't playing in the game. I saw a guy wearing Husker gear at the Okie St game in Jack Trice. Is he just that lost?

If I got drug to a Minnesota vs Wisconsin game I wouldn't wear ISU gear. But that's just me.

flander1649

Apr 20, 2006
Kansas City
Visit site
There is always one. Always. Even in the most unlikely of places.

Big 12 MBB tournament in Dallas? Yep.
Pinstripe Bowl rally in NYC? Yep.

Yes there is always one. At the football gamewatch in KC on Saturday one stumbled into the bar 4 of us all turn to each other and said "there is always one"

CyArob

Why are you the way that you are?
Apr 22, 2011
MN
Yes there is always one. At the football gamewatch in KC on Saturday one stumbled into the bar 4 of us all turn to each other and said "there is always one"
I'm pretty sure they have a group chat or something to coordinate so there's always one.

ricochet

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2008
There are 2 types of people that do this. One group does it just to be a ****, and they need to go away. The other does it without really thinking about it. I could totally see my mom thinking, I'm going to a college basketball game so I'll wear a college shirt and not caring if it matched a school playing. Also, remember that the whole idea of wearing college branded clothes to games is relatively new. If you look at games from the 80's and maybe even 90's you don't see nearly as many people wearing school clothing as you do today.

cycloner29

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
Probably thought they were at the Cayman Island Classic. In hindsight, they probably saw better B-ball from ISU than what the hawks were cooking today.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron