Diante Garrett

ajk4st8

Mar 27, 2006
Ankeny
I think DG is maturing faster than Brackins, at the beginning of the season I was thinking there was no way

Its been harder for Brackins to 'progress' due to his inability to put on a ton of strength during the season.

Look how good Jiri has been the last 2 seasons after putting on some good weight.

Both will be FINE players over the next couple years.

In Craig's credit, his shot selection today was very good.

Nov 22, 2006
We don't want Pomlee. If we give the scholly, we want somebody who can come in and play next year. He is a project. Grades, attitude, laziness, are all issues

Bobber

Apr 12, 2006
Hudson, Iowa
Its been harder for Brackins to 'progress' due to his inability to put on a ton of strength during the season.

Look how good Jiri has been the last 2 seasons after putting on some good weight.

Both will be FINE players over the next couple years.

In Craig's credit, his shot selection today was very good.

Good point. Some people thought Jiri was a lost cause when GMac came to town and while he still has occasional relapses look at the kind of post players he's turned into. GMAc is great at developing post players.

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha
I am waiting to score on an in bounds play. Why not run one for Rashon? We just toss it out top. We do not even try. And we cannot even get the ball inside. The one time we can get it inside should be an in bounds play under the basket.

Nov 22, 2006
I am waiting to score on an in bounds play. Why not run one for Rashon? We just toss it out top. We do not even try. And we cannot even get the ball inside. The one time we can get it inside should be an in bounds play under the basket.

I asked my buddy who works for the team if they ever work on out of bounds plays (b/c I am in agreement w/ you). He said they have over 40 out of bounds plays!!! Would like to see some

cyclonenum1

Nov 30, 2006
I agree that Garrett is deserving of more floor time. I would like to see him getting around 30 minutes a game for the remainder of the season.

I do think it is too bad (especially for this kid) that we want to play at such a deliberate tempo. Even against KU (a very up-tempo team), you could see that this kid has the ability to push the ball up the court...but because he is being trained to play at a deliberate pace he always ended up pulling it back out...typically so we could get that "great" challenged desperation 3 point shot late in the shot clock.

cyclonenum1

Nov 30, 2006
I asked my buddy who works for the team if they ever work on out of bounds plays (b/c I am in agreement w/ you). He said they have over 40 out of bounds plays!!! Would like to see some

You should watch Drake play...oh, do you mean from ISU?

Just kidding of course!