Diante Garrett?

Cardinal&Gold11

Nov 6, 2007
The land of Eastern Iowa University
Does anyone else think that Diante should be starting at point guard instead of Peterson because even though peterson made some 3's last night he's not that good of a ball handler. And this is a little off topic, but what the heck is up with Haluska?

jahfg

Apr 19, 2006
Ames
I think without Wesley, our best offensive lineup might be with Peterson at the 2 and Garrett at 1.

I'm not worried about Haluska. He just needs a couple to drop to get his confidence back. Once he settles down, I think he will be a consistent outside threat.

sodakjoe

Sep 15, 2006
Ames via Sioux Falls, SD
Isn't it a bit early in the season to say things like "get his confidence back"? I don't think we're far enough into the season to realistically expect trends to emerge. We're a young team, we're going to play inconsistently all season, just like last year.

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
I'm not worried about Haluska. He just needs a couple to drop to get his confidence back. Once he settles down, I think he will be a consistent outside threat.

Since I'm a "hater", this will probably be taken wrong, but how are you not worried about Haluska? With the injuries we absolutely needed him to contribute SOMETHING over the last 3 games and he really hasn't done much of anything.

jahfg

Apr 19, 2006
Ames
I think he clearly had confidence in the exhibition games with his shot. He looked good coming off screens and knocking down the jumper. You can lose confidence after a couple bad games. That's what I mean by getting his confidence back.

I agree he didn't step up when we needed something from him. I'm just not that worried because I think he will step up eventually. I think he is a solid player that is on a cold streak. I think he will shoot himself out of it. I think he is a good enough athlete and the only thing he hasn't done is hit the open shot (which is obviously what he's in there for). My point is that he is able to get a good shot and get it off (unlike Jacobsen). The shots are going to start to fall. The kid can shoot. That's just my opinion. Sure, I am disappointed he didn't play well. I'm just not going to freak out about a kid that has only played three games.

Last edited:

Drive4cy

Nov 17, 2006
Haluska hasn't looked like a D1 player through three games. Not even close. The way Peterson and Garrett are playing, once Wes comes back I doubt we see much of Sean unless it's garbage time. I'll take my chances with Boozer getting his minutes. It is VERY early and Sean still has time to turn this around but he needs something to happen the next two games or McDermott can't keep giving him anymore minutes.