Diallo, Davis, Granstaff, Ellenson, Johnson, Wilridge, Illikainen, Ryan

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

acgclone

Feb 21, 2007
Need to go Elite Eight or better. Need to.....

I would be fine with the Sweet 16 this year. Progressing out of the first weekend is crucial to build some more credibility. We also need to figure out a way to rise above the 4th place range in the conference and challenge KU. I think it will at least take some more depth and talent to be consistent enough to contend for conference titles.

Cyclones01

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 23, 2008
Urbandale
We have 3 open scholarships now (2 with Custer), but wasn't it 1 for a long time (before Bluford left)?

Edit: After checking, it was. We knew McKay was transferring taking up 1, Custer taking up 1, and 1 saved for RV. So we went for awhile where there wasn't going to be an open scholarship.

Last edited:

Cyclones01

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 23, 2008
Urbandale
I get what you're saying about not getting HS recruits. Morris and Thomas committed somewhat early for their class, and Custer committed extremely early. So there will end up being a pretty large gap between getting commits from HS players. But it really isn't significant at all, and we've still picked up transfers and JUCO's in that time.

acgclone

Feb 21, 2007
WTF.. this is ********!! I really HATE unlv..

I don't expect UNLV to stop recruiting good players anytime soon. Hopefullly Austin's dad is smart enough to know that he has plenty of exposure without going to Findlay.

mattyice

Oct 15, 2011
But at this point, we are taking the super models on dates.....and establishing relationships. Earlier, we wouldn't even get the time of day.

Ok....I'm confused....when do we break out the roofies?

scyclonekid

Feb 13, 2008
It'd be a great rebound for Abdelmassih to land Grandstaff. Also gotta love Fred going after 3 top 35 recruits (Rivals ratings) and yearly getting top 100 guys out of high school.
. Yes it would, but with this coaching staff and of course the mayor we play an exciting PRO style offense. The bonus also is Hilton is ******* awesome!!! So high profile recruits, juncos, transfers get to experience that to further their career on and off the court.

Cyhart

Aug 15, 2009
Des Moines
I really hope 2015 doesn't turn into 2014. This was a very rough recruiting year losing Abu, Vaughn, and Cunningham (there's probably one or two more I'm missing). For some reason, I feel this will be a similar year to 2014. Has Grandstaff given any info on where he is looking into? I just hope we catch a break in this upcoming class and get a top notch guy.

Speaking of misses in 2014, i thought this one hurt.
Jaylen Johnson - Yahoo! Sports

I thought we had a real good shot at him. With the success we have had in Michigan lately.

LLCoolCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 28, 2010
Minneapolis
Speaking of misses in 2014, i thought this one hurt.
Jaylen Johnson - Yahoo! Sports

I thought we had a real good shot at him. With the success we have had in Michigan lately.

Mssing on Johnson was disappointng, but no shame in losing a battle to Louisville off a NC. Fred rebounded nicely with McKay, (I doubt McKay endsup in Ames if Johnson commited to ISU). It is my opinion due to development, the next two years McKay will be more impactful than the Fresh and Soph years of JJ. That is why I am fully confident the Staff will find good players on the transfer market to fill out this years class.

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006
As I noted previously, when Seanna was being recruited and was in the news in MN many of the articles also had information about Jarvis and noted that they could be a "package deal".

They are very close.

ajk4st8

Mar 27, 2006
Ankeny
We seem loaded with Bigs for next year, and desperately need that three point sniper. Hopefully that is what we land.

LLCoolCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 28, 2010
Minneapolis
We seem loaded with Bigs for next year, and desperately need that three point sniper. Hopefully that is what we land.

Careful, someone argue ISU is weak in the post cause none are over 6'10". :jimlad:

As for shooters, I expect Fred to look for a post-grad or JC for a shooter after the seaon ends.
Though I have confidence Thomas will build on his season and next year be the sniper many of us expect.

mt85

Mar 24, 2006
I'm sure all of you will enjoy this one:

@AustinGstaff1: just picked up an offer from UNLV #rebels

Since his father is the director of Team Texas, I'm guessing it is only a matter of time before his father becomes the director of Findlay Prep.