Devron Moore

Ciclone

May 5, 2008
Clive
IIRC, in the 100 years DVD Jeff Grayer talked about being homesick to the point where he once left. Barry Stevens got a hold of him and convinced him to come back. So this certainly isn't the first time in Cyclone history this has happened.

That's a good point.

Beyerball

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
Texas
I moved away from my home in Charles City as an 18 year old. Up the road to a school in downtown Minneapolis, approximately 2 and 1/2 hours is all it was, but needless to say, I moved back home at semester with my tail between my legs due to what I would probably admit to being homesickness. It happens. It's real. I felt that I didn't have a good support system, and I was evidently not mature enough to create my own at that point in my life. I gave it 4 months (I wanted to come home after the first week) but just simply wasn't happy where I was at. Maybe what I experienced is similar to what Devron is now experiencing.

Yes that is what you experienced and it is real. I do feel for the kid. I was actually 23 and graduated from our beloved institution and decided to take my first career job and had to move to Kentucky. I knew not a single soul but did it. After a week I was depressed and had lots of anxiety. It sucked. I stayed for another 8 months and then took a job back in Iowa. Strangely though since that very first move I have moved outside the state again but didn't experience that the second time. So yes that is what Devron is experiencing.

CyBelieve

Aug 5, 2006
Ankeny
IIRC, in the 100 years DVD Jeff Grayer talked about being homesick to the point where he once left. Barry Stevens got a hold of him and convinced him to come back. So this certainly isn't the first time in Cyclone history this has happened.

Had he had parnts like Erik4Cy he never would have had those issue! Erik's parents taught him how to be strong and finacially independent. We can all be greatful that Jeff had Barry to convince him to come back.

Reactions: Erik4Cy

rholtgraves

Sep 25, 2009
He is not coming back which is too bad. He was their top JUCO signee and they need help at safety.

CyPack

Apr 19, 2006
Scottsdale, AZ
Well, that's pretty much that then...

Best of luck to him, next man in.

He may not of started even if he stuck around. CPR did mention that Cotton-Moya would have played as a true freshman along with Tribune had he not been injured prior to the season and they like his and Mutcherson's playmaking ability.

A-town Cy

Aug 4, 2006
Huxley
Last edited:

Dandy

Future CF Mod
Oct 11, 2012
Western Iowa
@TravisHines21: Iowa State safety Devron Moore will return to the team at the start of camp, coach Paul Rhoads says at Newton Tailgate Tour stop.

Doc

This is it Morty
Aug 6, 2006
Denver
Great news. I hope he can stick it out this time. The idea of playing football games in a few weeks rather than a few months may help him out a lot.

CyArob

Why are you the way that you are?
Apr 22, 2011
MN
This will be an interesting story line to follow this year.

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
Cool. Glad to have him back, even if he might have missed too much time to make as big an impact as he could have next season. At worst, he gives the D some quality depth in the secondary. And maybe I'm wrong and he can still catch up and move into the starting lineup.

Doc

This is it Morty
Aug 6, 2006
Denver
If this has already been covered, I apologize, but how will he be academically eligible with missing so much of spring semester?

I think he could have dropped his classes, and since he was already graduated from a JUCO, he could afford to do that.