Depth chart means nothing at QB

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha
So what have our qb ratings been the past few years for the various players?

CYISFLY

Jun 30, 2009
SW Ia
Mess gets a pass with this whole deal. Yeah let's blame Sam for all of the offense inadequacies this season. Two more qb head cases to go into next season. Fire Mess

Palmer

Jun 10, 2008
Johnston, IA
The program is nothing more than a joke now.....well done staff, well done. I feel sorry for the kids playing here......it will take a herculean effort by CPR to avert transfers/back out of commitments.

boone7247

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 15, 2011
Near the City
Mess "Hey Sam we moved you to #2 on the depth chart."
Sam gets a frown on his face
Mess "But that doesn't mean you won't start, just think you needed your confidence totally rotted away."

I don't get this ********! Passive agressive **** doesn't work on Quarterbacks. Sam is either the guy or he isn't. If he isn't then tell him he isn't the guy, tell him what he has to do to become the guy. Then coach the **** out of him so he has every opportunity to become that. Same with Rohach, don't put a guy at #1 who you think might not start. You have started Sam all season with all the dings and niks he has received, but now we think he might not be the guy.

I have said this since the bowl game last year, get rid of Mess before he burns the whole program to the ground. Screwing with the QB position like this won't instill confidence in any recruit offense or defense. This is the second time we are dealing with this exact situation in 2 years. God I just hope the Rhodes doesn't let him burn a red shirt on one of the young guys for the last game of the year, when all this blows up by then. ****!!!!!! it isn't that ******* hard, why do they make it this ******* hard! I don't understand.

Last edited:

CloneIce

Apr 11, 2006
Tom Herman recruited and absolutely LOVED SBR...He was the reason SBR came to ISU... Mess had nothing to do with the recruitment of Sam and you would be blind if you didn't see that he is not a fan of him... I don't think Sam is too fond of him either.

This really doesn't make sense given that he ran Barnett off last year and declared Sam the starter.

FootballinTexas

Aug 2, 2009
Tom Herman recruited and absolutely LOVED SBR...He was the reason SBR came to ISU... Mess had nothing to do with the recruitment of Sam and you would be blind if you didn't see that he is not a fan of him... I don't think Sam is too fond of him either.

TH did not recruit SBR. TH was happy with the recruitment of him. But, CM was the Florida recruiter who brought SBR here. TH recruited Texas.

CyCy

Nov 7, 2006
Who is actually the person who makes the decision to change QBs in the middle of the game (and then maybe re-switch back). Is that exclusively the decision of the head coach or can the OC make those changes on his own in most programs.

Clonefan94

Oct 18, 2006
Schaumburg, IL
The constant shuffling of QBs by this staff is very strange.

Not really that strange, just a good indicator that they don't really have an idea on how to run a football team. It's grasping at straws is all it is. Pass the buck, blame the QB for the downfall of the Offense. We aren't running the ball all that well, we aren't catching it all that well and we don't really block all that well either. Maybe they think the fans are as dumb as they are.

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha
I want Woody at qb. He is a senior and can handle this morale balloon buster approach. Is this how Criner and Walden operated?

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron