Deonte Burton

Final42b

Jan 4, 2009
Ames
@PantherU: FWIW, coaches I've talked to around the Midwest believe Deonte Burton will likely end up at either Iowa State or UCLA. #MKEBB will recruit.

Cy$

Sep 1, 2011
Ames
he has to decide pretty soon so he doesn't lose an extra semester of eligibility, correct?

Jacktronic

MONDAYTUESDAYWEDNESDAYTHURSDAYFRIDAYSATURDAYSUNDAY
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 16, 2013
Kansas City, MO
Anyone know the situation at UCLA? Do they have an immediate scholarship?

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
OMG... I want this kid bad. Can you imagine adding this to Hoiball......

[video=youtube;8kuIm86iAv0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8kuIm86iAv0[/video]

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
he has to decide pretty soon so he doesn't lose an extra semester of eligibility, correct?

Well, if he transfers here he has to sit sit sit. If he goes to UCLA he is probably given some special exemption and could play next week.

:rolleyes:

swarthmoreCY

Aug 9, 2008
Here nor there
I think they could put him on right away then. One thing to consider is travel savings back and forth will more than make up for one semester of tuition and expenses IMO

Keeping scholarships open is becoming more and more the right move. We kind of got lucky with Kane (lost Armardi) and McKay, but I think we have stud freshman Dillon Brooks right now if we had a spot for him.

Hopefully it won't be an issue this time. As much as I want to go for broke next year, Fred could really do some things with a 6'5" 240 athletic SF. He looks quick enough to defend most wings, and would be tough to defend in our inverted offense and a great finisher on the break.

tim_redd

Mar 29, 2006
Ankeny
Keeping scholarships open is becoming more and more the right move. We kind of got lucky with Kane (lost Armardi) and McKay, but I think we have stud freshman Dillon Brooks right now if we had a spot for him.

Hopefully it won't be an issue this time. As much as I want to go for broke next year, Fred could really do some things with a 6'5" 240 athletic SF. He looks quick enough to defend most wings, and would be tough to defend in our inverted offense and a great finisher on the break.

We didn't have a spot for McKay last year, he paid his own way for a semester.

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM

There's no reason to keep a scholly open when we can just make one come open every summer if we want to. You can't plan for guys leaving mid-season it almost never happens.