Deonte Burton signs with the Timberwolves

ZB4CY

Dec 17, 2012
I just instantly became a fan of the D-League team. Hopefully he could pull in more than 25 people who usually attend those games.

FWIW, T-Wolves crushed it last night.

Messi

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 25, 2011
Cedar Rapids
Related to Monte, but on topic of g-League. Found it interesting that Nuggets don't have an affiliate team.

• Informative
Reactions: mj4cy

Dandy

Future CF Mod
Oct 11, 2012
Western Iowa
Related to Monte, but on topic of g-League. Found it interesting that Nuggets don't have an affiliate team.
How does that work then if they want to keep him but not on the NBA roster? Does he just go to a random G-League team?

brentblum

Administrator
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 26, 2007
How does that work then if they want to keep him but not on the NBA roster? Does he just go to a random G-League team?
Denver had an affiliation agreement with Sioux Falls last year and placed a couple players on the Sioux Falls team. Likely where Monte would end up as that contract would be renewed.

• Informative
Reactions: khardbored

Messi

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 25, 2011
Cedar Rapids
Denver had an affiliation agreement with Sioux Falls last year and placed a couple players on the Sioux Falls team. Likely where Monte would end up as that contract would be renewed.

Seems like Omaha would be a good city if/when Nuggets add a G-League team.

• Agree
Reactions: HFCS

SDCyclonesFamily

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 21, 2016
If he is playing in Sioux Falls, I would have to pick up season tickets. Skyforce games are a lot of fun and we have gone multiple times to watch Bubu and Nader play here!

Reactions: cyfamily

jcyclonee

Apr 12, 2006
Minneapolis
Write-up here. Cool that if he's in the G-League, Deonte will play in Des Moines.

https://cyclonefanatic.com/2017/06/deonte-burton-signs-with-the-minnesota-timberwolves/
12437.gif

Reactions: BoxsterCy

ForbinsAscynt

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 8, 2014
so what are the chances that Patton ends up in DSM too. Having an ISU and Creighton guy in Des Moines would be a good start to the new affiliate.

• Agree
Reactions: BoxsterCy

srjclone

Nov 17, 2014
Downtown Minneapolis
so what are the chances that Patton ends up in DSM too. Having an ISU and Creighton guy in Des Moines would be a good start to the new affiliate.
I think he has a good chance of sticking. They'll probably get rid of Jordan Hill or Adreian Payne to make a spot for him. But certainly could be back and forth to DSM

str8cashhomie

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 15, 2014
With the big guys they have on the roster, there should hopefully be no chance. Jordan Hill is gone, Payne gone, Aldrich didn't play a lick by the end of the season, and Bjelica is more of a stretch 4 and he's coming of foot surgery. Minnesota also will probably let Shabazz Muhammad and Brandon Rush go in FA, so Deonte should have a shot at a 2 way contract to come up for a game or two at a time to be instant offense off the bench if he plays well in the summer league.

srjclone

Nov 17, 2014
Downtown Minneapolis
With the big guys they have on the roster, there should hopefully be no chance. Jordan Hill is gone, Payne gone, Aldrich didn't play a lick by the end of the season, and Bjelica is more of a stretch 4 and he's coming of foot surgery. Minnesota also will probably let Shabazz Muhammad and Brandon Rush go in FA, so Deonte should have a shot at a 2 way contract to come up for a game or two at a time to be instant offense off the bench if he plays well in the summer league.
I think Thibs loves Bazzz, but I wouldn't be too upset if they let go of Black-hole Bazz, but wish they would've traded him for something if they are just going to let him walk.

str8cashhomie

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 15, 2014
I think Thibs loves Bazzz, but I wouldn't be too upset if they let go of Black-hole Bazz, but wish they would've traded him for something if they are just going to let him walk.
They told him they want to resign him, but if he gets a big offer in RFA, I don't see them going crazy to match. $7-8 mil a year they bring him back, but with extensions for Wiggins and KAT coming up, no way they're giving him the kind of money Kent Bazemore got last year, which could happen if someone needs scoring.