Dejean-Jones - Yea or Nay?

CycloneWarrior

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 10, 2008
Urbandale,Ia
Roscoe Smith going pro? lmao. Only if a team needs somebody to throw ill-advised half court shots with significant time left.

[video=youtube;yabpY-YT46k]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yabpY-YT46k[/video]

State43

Nov 22, 2010
Omaha, NE
They have to lose some to make room for all the new guys. As of yesterday, he was over signed by like 2 or 3 guys I think.

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
No we have two open currently. We lose Ejim, Kane, Bluford and Bubu. We gain McKay and Custer.

That leaves two spots but I would assume we will lose one of our own so that would make three.
I don't see any attrition happening this year. I can only think of one player who would MAYBE be upset with their lack of playing time, but I am not even going to mention his name or entertain the thought of it happening.

Dandy

Future CF Mod
Oct 11, 2012
Western Iowa
I don't see any attrition happening this year. I can only think of one player who would MAYBE be upset with their lack of playing time, but I am not even going to mention his name or entertain the thought of it happening.

We all know who you're talking about though...

Jsievers24

Jan 8, 2014
Johnston, IA
We are in a way better position this coming year than we were in last year. If we don't add ANYONE we will be pretty dang good. Fred will be looking for kids who can create matchup problems. This guy could fit.

ForeverIowan

Feb 23, 2013
I know this is a highlight video but sign me up. This kid has a smoothness mixed with explosion that could take us to the next "level".
G: Morris
G: Dejean-Jones
F: Nader
F: Niang
F: Mckay
With the energy of Naz and Hogue off the bench. Matt Thomas instant offense and Clayton Custer seeing minutes at PG.
BRYCE DEJEAN JONES 2014 Draft Video - YouTube

swarthmoreCY

Aug 9, 2008
Here nor there
I know this is a highlight video but sign me up. This kid has a smoothness mixed with explosion that could take us to the next "level".
With the energy of Naz and Hogue off the bench. Matt Thomas instant offense and Clayton Custer seeing minutes at PG.

He is very talented and probably a 1st round draft-pick with a coach like Hoiberg. Get him in uptempo, NBA style offense like ours and look out. A combo guard at 6'5" 215 and can get to the rim and finish at will. He is exactly what we need and would go well with efficient guys like Morris, Hogue, McKay, and Thomas.

[video=youtube;w9S5FOLCn-0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w9S5FOLCn-0[/video]

Psiclone

Apr 11, 2006

Don't see Hogue coming off the bench. Too valuable already with his D and rebounding, not to mention his game will improve with another year. There is also the value of having played with Niang and Morris all year.

State43

Nov 22, 2010
Omaha, NE
Don't see Hogue coming off the bench. Too valuable already with his D and rebounding, not to mention his game will improve with another year. There is also the value of having played with Niang and Morris all year.

Once again, who does he start in front of? Hogue no doubt has had some great games, but the team may just be that good. Part of me thinks if McKay isn't eligable till 2nd semester, he may come off the bench for chemestry reasons but whoknows.

swarthmoreCY

Aug 9, 2008
Here nor there
Once again, who does he start in front of? Hogue no doubt has had some great games, but the team may just be that good. Part of me thinks if McKay isn't eligable till 2nd semester, he may come off the bench for chemistry reasons but whoknows.
Once again, Nader.
You can lock Hogue into a starting spot. Second semester when McKay is eligible, it will be a battle between McKay and Nader, unless we go with 4 forwards. Once McKay gets the rust off, I am betting he starts, with Nader coming off the bench with Thomas.

Last edited:

Rural

Feb 3, 2010
I think Naz is in the role that he will continue to have going forward so…….I think we're in the market for a get-to-the- rack 2 guard.

DFWCyclone

Jan 6, 2014
McKinney, TX
www.dfwcyclones.org
Kentucky Has Interest In UNLV Transfer Bryce Dejean-Jones

BDJ will be transferring to another college. Looks like all the big boys will be after him.

I think at this point we have to be knocking on the door of being "big boys" with Fred doing the knocking. While we obviously aren't there just yet, this program is on the verge of a big run.

I also have it on good authority that we will indeed have a transfer out after the season so another scholly will likely be available. Sometimes things just don't work out and this kid just isn't fitting in where we all hoped he would. He's going to get help with being placed in a good spot for him.

cyclonespiker33

SuperFanatic
Jan 19, 2011
If this guy were to come here, I would like it a lot when he drove to the rim. I would not like it very much when he took his long step-back jumper just inside the three point line.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron