Dejean-Jones Newcomer of the week

CYUL8R

Feb 13, 2012
And so it begins. Let the awards flow, along with the Kool-aid.

WTF - Hield went 7 of 7 from 3...was the ball literally on fire?

The_Architect

Apr 11, 2006
1. Just rename the award already to Cyclone newcomer of the week.
2. How does Niang not get player of the week?
3. Buddy Hield sure has grown since last season?

Buddy Hield, Oklahoma, G, Jr., 6-9, 209, Freeport, Bahamas/Sunrise Christian Academy [Kan.]

Last edited:

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
Selfish...blahh blah blahh not playing Hoiball yadda yadda yadda...turn around jumpers...rabble rabble rabble...not encouraging.

CYUL8R

Feb 13, 2012
1. Just rename the award already to Cyclone newcomer of the week.
2. How does Niang player of the week?
3. Buddy Hield sure has grown since last season?

Buddy Hield, Oklahoma, G, Jr., 6-9, 209, Freeport, Bahamas/Sunrise Christian Academy [Kan.]

Pretty sure you meant 'not get' player of the week, but I agree with the Big XII on this...Hield had a monster game and tied record for made 3's. Plus they couldn't start off with both ISU players week one...have to keep something in reserve for next week.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
Way to go Bryce!

I thought Georges had a good chance at POW, but I don't know how anyone could argue with the selection after seeing Hield's line. If one of our guys shot 7 of 7 from 3 and pulled down 7 boards, we would expect him to win it as well. Good for him. Let's hope he has shooting nights like that out of his system.

777-winning-slot-machine-12913626.jpg

bawbie

Staff member
Mar 17, 2006
Cedar Rapids, IA
Georges: 30pts, 9 rbs, 5 assists, 1 TO
Hield: 25pts, 7rbs, 2 assists, 1 TO

I would say the competition was of a similar strength.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
This will **** off all the trolls like Mytia

Give it a rest. You jump him everytime he posts and he really hasn't posted anything that it bad. He said that BDJ didn't give up the ball on a couple of fast breaks when he should have and anyone who really watched the game (me included) noticed the same thing. That is far from calling him a bad player. BDJ deserved this recognition, but he has room to improve playing within Fred's philosophy. The two are not mutually exclusive.

Reactions: Cyclonesince78

swarthmoreCY

Aug 9, 2008
Here nor there
I don't think BDJ will really change. Due to preconceived notions him playing Hoiball 90% of the time will have people focusing on the 10%, even when other playmakers (Georges, Clyburn, Kane) have essentially the same percentage. BDJ, like every guy asked to be a creator, will have several of those non-Hoiball moments.

EnhancedFujita

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 28, 2013
Johnston
I don't think BDJ will really change. Due to preconceived notions him playing Hoiball 90% of the time will have people focusing on the 10%, even when other playmakers (Georges, Clyburn, Kane) have essentially the same percentage. BDJ, like every guy asked to be a creator, will have several of those non-Hoiball moments.

This is a good point. People have very short memories. I remember Kane chucking up a lot of contested 3's early in the shot clock and screaming at the TV. Of course when he made them he was brilliant. BDJ will be the same, but when he make a tough shot on a drive and get a +1 we'll all be cheering.

Help Support Us

Become a patron