Dear Mr. Miller...

majorcyfan

Feb 18, 2007
Your post game write up basically blamed the loss on officiating. Wtf..... Dumb Jon is dumb.
And wasn't it BIG TEN crew of officials or 2 of 3 that were? If either is true, then OWA is going to have contnued foul trouble as long as they play THUGBALL, which is now lessened by tighter foul rules.

Read an article online saying NCAA is pleased with how college BB is shaping up to feature athletism rather than brawling ability

CTTB78

Apr 7, 2006
I'm not a Jon sympathizer but it does take a lot of humility to come on here and admit that he needs to stop complaining about the officials.

Sounds like something his therapist would tell him to do.

carvers4math

Mar 15, 2012
Whining about refs? If anything, I thought they should have called many more fouls on Hoks. Woody had an amazing moving pick of about ten feet of shuffling with no call, as well as when he decided just to grab one of our guys to try and not fall out of bounds, again no call. Throwing elbows everywhere.

jmb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 12, 2006
The "better team didn't win" line gets tired. Why bother to play the game? Just sit down with a computer before the year and figure out who wins every game.

I'll tell you who did win.. The team that was mentally tougher. Make a free throw down the stretch and stop Niang and Iowa wins.
Even if one were to use transitive property notion the game ended as it out to have.

SplitIdentity

Mar 31, 2007
Minnesota
Why do people obsess about this ****? Can't we just appreciate how awesome of a game it was without trying to compare the size of each programs' weiners? Two evenly matched teams played last night. One won, one lost.

Frak

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 27, 2009
I think if they played 10 games at a neutral site, both teams probably win 5. Not buying the foul thing, though. Iowa wanted to use their depth to prevent drives to the hoop. They were giving guys like Kane, Ejim, Hogue open 3s and sagging in on drives. When ISU started missing 3s and FTs, they only upped that strategy. On the other hand, ISU was either hesitant to foul on drives to the rim or were flat out in too bad of position to even contest the shot. Foul disparity was a result of how the teams were playing...nothing more.

ajk4st8

Mar 27, 2006
Ankeny
You're right Aaron White's 25 and 17 were just a fluke by a player outside of the top 100.

Aaron White is a great player. So is Marble. Basabe is good.

Since then its been...Mike Gesell, Woodbury, Clemmons, Kyle Meyer, Peter Jok . That is a bottom half Big 10 team.

Child please.

Last edited:

Cyclonic1

Aug 7, 2012
Sun City, AZ
The state of basketball in Iowa right now is amazing.

Im 100% worried that Fran's lack of legit top 100 recruits is slowly going to leave this one sided towards us. Oh well.
UNI beat a decent VCU team today so they may very well be the #2 team in the state anyway. Next year UNI vrs EIU ought to be a good game.

BallSoHard4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 20, 2012
Ames
Why do people obsess about this ****? Can't we just appreciate how awesome of a game it was without trying to compare the size of each programs' weiners? Two evenly matched teams played last night. One won, one lost.

because we had to listen to an offseason of (from mostly Iowa fans and even some media, including local) that Iowa is so much better than us, how Iowa was going to speed right past Iowa State and move into the top 10, ISU is an NIT team, etc.

hard to trash talk the way the talkeye fan base did all offseason and not take any heat for it.

carvers4math

Mar 15, 2012
Aaron White is a great player. So is Marble. Basabe is good.

Since then its been...Mike Gesell, Woodbury, Clemmons, Kyle Meyer, Peter Jok .

Child please.

Without Marble, should be able to put Hogue on Floppy next year.

IbSvU

Feb 6, 2012
I think Iowa is the better team and wins it neutral and home.

Well then think away dude since that's all you got. I, for one, enjoy the absolute certainty that Iowa State won the actual game that was played. Thinking about how the game would turn out in unexplored scenarios seems pretty lame compared to the enjoyment I feel due to a Cyclone win. Clearly Iowa was not the better team last night seeing as how they lost.

Reactions: AllBig12Drinker

acgclone

Feb 21, 2007
I don't really care if Iowa fans think they have the better team. I thought we were better last year after the beat us.

It will just make next year's victory in Carver that much sweeter.