Dear Cyclone Alley

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

cyclonedave25

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 10, 2007
Chicago, IL
Please stop the “Overrated” chant, it makes Hilton sound dumb. How about a “Cyclone Power” chant?
So, WHEN we beat Kansas on Tuesday, don’t chant overrated.
If you are a student who chants this, STOP. If you are a student who doesn’t chant it, then encourage others to stop or start a Cyclone Power chant.

Sincerely,
99.9% of all college basketball fans

carvers4math

Mar 15, 2012
It's been years since I've read a good Cyclone Alley complaint thread. Been noticing a gaping void in my CF experience.

When the students aren’t there on break games, the outrage is at the old people in their seats. When they are there the multiple thread outrage is at minuscule crap like this.

cyclonedave25

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 10, 2007
Chicago, IL
When the students aren’t there on break games, the outrage is at the old people in their seats. When they are there the multiple thread outrage is at minuscule crap like this.
The student section was great today, minus that chant.
I'd rather have a full student section that chants dumb things, than an empty one.
That being said, when the vast majority of the crowd doesn't like it, the commentators make fun of the student section for saying it, and the head coach has to wave his arms to stop the chant, it's probably time to stop. An overwhelming Cyclone Power chant would be so much better. Get creative, maybe they should have chanted "Just like football", something Cyclone fans can do against OU once every 30 years.