Deandre Kane takes the shoes off his feet and gives them to a homeless man.

cyclonebillski

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 17, 2007
Council Bluffs
Guessing the bum is now dead. Some other bum saw his fresh cut and his new Jordans and he is now dead. Nice effort though DK.

UraMallas

Jan 9, 2013
Wow. There are definitely some terrible posts in this thread. The prejudiced and thoughtless viewpoints in here are a stark contrast to the empathy and kindness displayed by Mr Kane. I guess that kind of makes all of those posts on-topic in a ironically meta sort-of-way.

WIB

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 2, 2010
Ames
Fred has to pay his players if they can do this.

CyCy

Nov 7, 2006
Give a man shoes and his feet are warm for a few months. Teach a man how to make shoes and he could work in a factory in Vietnam with a bunch of kids for $1 per hour.

Royalclone

Jun 22, 2008
Lee's Summit, MO
Going back to the original disbelief about homeless in Ames, there are homeless everywhere. It just seems the smaller the town the better it is hidden.

Another untold Cyclone story. My nephew is an ISU grad who still lives in Ames. He is a Big Brother to a kid from single parent household. Not sure if they are in Section 8 housing, but he's had a bit of a tough life and his Mom is doing the best she can. My nephew also coaches several of the kid's athletic teams. Last spring after the season, Tyrus McGee gave his team a session of BB tips at the Sukup facility.

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha
Hey did you hear DK gave his shoes to a homeless man? At this point, pretty sorry I brought up Iowa City....didn't want to turn this into a discussion on violent crime in eastern Iowa. Although I think it's a problem...I think we could discuss it in another thread...not the one where an ISU athlete did a nice deed...
Do not even mention east waterloo.

CYVADER

Nov 16, 2006
Cornfields
Used to be one who would come and pick up cans out of our lawn...darned if there didn't end up being a whole bunch of beer cans there every weekend. One time he picks one up and says...hey, this is full...I realized that it was one that broke open...case split, cans fell out, one popped a leak and I left it there (hands full)...I told him not to drink it, he wouldn't listen, tipped his head back for a huge gulp...and spit it halfway across the yard and started gagging.
mike trapped rabits in our yard for the month he was there. he told us he was selling them to Golden Wok. this is completely 100% a true story. same house we had a chipmunk with a whispy tail that would eat fries off the floor. i don't think "chip" made it through the winter.

StClone

Dec 17, 2009
Wisconsin
Wow. There are definitely some terrible posts in this thread. The prejudiced and thoughtless viewpoints in here are a stark contrast to the empathy and kindness displayed by Mr Kane. I guess that kind of makes all of those posts on-topic in a ironically meta sort-of-way.

Welcome to Com-ity 101 Irony and Social Comment. Have you wondered how trash finds its way along a nice stretch of roadway? Think of this post.

mikeiastat

Feb 1, 2007
Madison, WI
I'm pretty sure that with the way the NCAA works in relation to ISU, that Deandre is now being investigated and will be suspended 14 games for improper benefit. He clearly got good press out of a pair of shoes that he is going to replace with shoes that he'll get from the department. Don't get the NCAA started on the other benefits. Obviously, DK was just trying to avoid the cost associated with disposal of his used shoes (And last but not least, Good carma, and warm fuzzies for the fanbase) We should be happy that we're only getting 14 games. To avoid the appeal they reduce it from the rest of the season.

Last edited:

CYVADER

Nov 16, 2006
Cornfields
This is definitely one of my favorite stories this year.
so many to choose from I kind of forgot about this. Wanted to bump to remind us that he wasn't just a good hoops player but seemed to have been a good young man as well while in Ames. He and Melvin will both do great things because they are winners.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron