Deadspin: Maybe the problem was you, Iowa State

majorcyfan

Feb 18, 2007
This.

Plus the rumor has always been Chizik was instructed on who to hire as his assistants when he took the job.

Where did that come from? Care to back that up?

I went to a Ames Story county Cyclone luncheon where his assistant coaches spoke. I came away with the impression that our football program was in trouble but kept it to myself. Later I read their resumes in the football game program and then KNEW WE WERE IN DEEP DOODOO, AND IT PROVED TO BE SO.

Please let us know the name of any idiot that would have told CHEESEWISS that he had to hire his incompetant buddies,. I doubt the veracity of your statement.

Pollard certaintly is not THAT dumb to do that, CHEESEWIZZ WAS.

Frak

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 27, 2009
I won't debate at all that it's harder to recruit to ISU than it is to Auburn. BUT, the other major difference between the two situations is that Chizik learned to hire great coaches, something he didn't do at ISU. Pollard gave him good money (not Auburn money of course) to hire assistants and for the most part he hired old coaching buddies, not the best men for the jobs. Also, Chizik happened to sign the best QB that money could buy...the best player in CFB this season. Add great players with great coaches and you're going to win a lot of games. ISU had neither during Chizik's tenure. A good coach can win at ISU. Chizik couldn't.

cs6804

Nov 2, 2009
Where did that come from? Care to back that up?

I went to a Ames Story county Cyclone luncheon where his assistant coaches spoke. I came away with the impression that our football program was in trouble but kept it to myself. Later I read their resumes in the football game program and then KNEW WE WERE IN DEEP DOODOO, AND IT PROVED TO BE SO.

Please let us know the name of any idiot that would have told CHEESEWISS that he had to hire his incompetant buddies,. I doubt the veracity of your statement.

Pollard certaintly is not THAT dumb to do that, CHEESEWIZZ WAS.

I took that quote as he was told who to hire as assistants when he took the AU job, not the ISU job.

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
I took that quote as he was told who to hire as assistants when he took the AU job, not the ISU job.

Yup, that was the rumor. Though theres also a rumor that he wanted Malzahn here (though may not have been able to get him), which would conflict with the first a bit.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron