Deadliest Catch (spoilers)

GeronimusClone

Oct 23, 2008
Des Moines, IA
I probably didn't know til last season, perhaps the one before, and only because he was in the crew shot during the opening.

Not sure I can ever recall seeing him on deck.

Isn't Edgar the engineer? What the hell does he do?
I think they keep him down in the engine room.
The only time I remember hearing anything out of him last year was when Sig quit smoking. I believe his quote was:
"He won't last."

ca4cy

Dec 6, 2009
North Central IA
In staying with the Northwestern theme, I've got to say that Nick Mavar is one of my favorite "secondary" players on the show. You never see him ***** about anything and he always seems to be doing exactly what is needed. Based on what you see on the show, which granted could be skewed by the cameras, I'd think he'd be about the perfect employee.

ca4cy

Dec 6, 2009
North Central IA
Didn't they keep showing the clock in that episode? And in the end, he lasted something like 2 or 4 hours?

On the Best of Season 5 it said, "It's official, Sig Hansen quit smoking....for 3 hours and 43 minutes." (or something like that.) Of course Mike Rowe's deadpan nailed it and made it much funnier. I think the crew would have held him down and made him smoke it he hadn't broken himself. He was on edge (more than usual) after about 20 minutes.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron