Deace: 2013 college football crystal ball

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
Did anyone ever check to see how he did last year? Always love his previews!

Clark

Jun 24, 2009
Altoona
yeah his predictions weren't too strong last year. Must be all that time spent on politics...

TLBCLONE

Nov 7, 2006
I know he's a Michigan homer, but picking Devin Gardner as a Heisman finalist? Picking Michigan to improve by 2 wins this year? You'd think he would have learned after last year picking Denard Robinson as a Heisman finalist and picking Michigan at Alabama to be "much closer than the experts think." Although, Alabama did win by a score of only 41-14, which is closer than I would have predicted I suppose.

Bigman38

SuperFanatic
Jul 27, 2010
Council Bluffs, IA
I know he's a Michigan homer, but picking Devin Gardner as a Heisman finalist? Picking Michigan to improve by 2 wins this year? You'd think he would have learned after last year picking Denard Robinson as a Heisman finalist and picking Michigan at Alabama to be "much closer than the experts think." Although, Alabama did win by a score of only 41-14, which is closer than I would have predicted I suppose.

I don't know about his prediction about the team, but I think Gardner has huge potential this year. He was pretty good in the little bit of action he got last year.

longtimeclone

Dec 8, 2009
Up north
I could see some of those happening, but I don't think Leach will be fired and if Brown doesn't compete in the Big 12 this year, I think he is gone at the end of the season.

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006
If Mark May joins Game Day I will be down to ZERO ESPN shows to watch. Oh well, thank God they still have games.

Clark

Jun 24, 2009
Altoona
If Mark May joins Game Day I will be down to ZERO ESPN shows to watch. Oh well, thank God they still have games.

I'm not worried, he made the same prediction last year. I think ESPN will carry Corso as long as he's still able to make sounds. He's kind of the show mascot, the real insight is done by Fowler and Herby anyway.

I'd guess that Holtz will be the one to replace Corso when that change happens.

Last edited: