DB'S vs Bear Receivers

clone4sure

Sep 5, 2014
Do our defensive backs have the speed to cover Baylors receivers ? Can our LB's stay with their TE's and RB's ? Baylor has some very fast guys on offense.

nhclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 20, 2008
Do our defensive backs have the speed to cover Baylors receivers ? Can our LB's stay with their TE's and RB's ? Baylor has some very fast guys on offense.

Tribune has speed, as do our safeties. SR may struggle, may see Ken Lynn more this game purely for his speed. LB will probably struggle on backs and TE.

Luth4Cy

Sep 19, 2012
Ames, IA
I'm most concerned about them pounding it up the middle if we go with a three man front, and picking on Ferch. Maybe those are the wrong concerns to have. Ferch is a good football player, but not the fastest guy and if we try to play any one-on-one with him on a slot guy I don't see it ending well.

BWRhasnoAC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2013
Dez Moy Nez
I think we will see Ferch and Brackens more this game. Gives us much needed speed and good open field tackling. Hopefully our corners can play will and keep these guys under wraps. I have no idea what to expect. I just want it to be competitive.

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
We'll be playing with 5 DB's, all of which I think are on par or at least no more than 1 step behind Baylor's WR. The biggest concern is obviously what Baylor does to get these guys open. They create a lot of space for their WR's and that is where they can do their damage. Their shiftiness is more of a concern than their speed. One on one, I think only Tribune would stand a chance against even their 3rd or 4th best WR.

Brackens should make his presence felt in this game, and I hope it's a big coming out party for him since he's been invisible so far this year.

Luth4Cy

Sep 19, 2012
Ames, IA
Instead of seeing Brackens, I'd much rather see an extra true d-back. Move Cotton-Moya to nickel and put in Syrie or Floyd at safety. Or put Lynn in at nickel.

May not matter though if we go in a three man front. Then we'll see either Brackens or Ferch plenty.