David Ubben on crack apparently

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
i dont care about the power rankings or his predictions but choosing to go to TT vs WV instead of Farmeggedon or Red River Rivalry is unbelievable to me

Absolutely. I wouldve understood RRR. But when he's never been to Ames during football season, and we have a top 25 matchup, if you're not going to UT-OU, there is no excuse for going to Lubbock instead of being here.

benjay

Mar 23, 2006
What the heck is going on here... street cred is now given for losses?

bawbie

Staff member
Mar 17, 2006
Cedar Rapids, IA
I don't have a huge problem with those rankings, but based on who people have played, I think you could move Tech, ISU and TCU up above Baylor and OSU.

I'd go like this:
5) Texas Tech
6) Iowa State
7) TCU
8) Baylor
9) OSU

OSU need to beat someone before they move up, they are 2-2 and should be placed as such. And Baylor lost to the only good team they played, who cares if it was a close loss. Beat someone, then move up.

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
1. Big effin' deal.
2. If it is a big deal to you, then don't worry. If the wins keep piling up then the team will rise in the rankings of one a thousand football bloggers whose opinion has little to no bearing on ISU's actual ranking in the polls.
3. Who would you put them ahead of right now? TT is one spot above ISU, and we all remember what happened in Ames two weeks ago. For the time being it's a fair ranking.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
Power rankings are completely pointless in a conference with a round robin schedule, by week 5 anyone who wouldn't just use the exact conference standings is an irrational idiot. I can see the interest in it the first few weeks though.

CY22

Sep 14, 2008
IA
This is what gets me ticked at his stuff:
Big 12 predictions: Week 7 - Big 12 Blog - ESPN

Pick Purple Kitties by one point. Doesn't bother me so much that he picked them, it's more the 1 point thing. He's done this in half our games (Purple Kansas, TCU and EIU). I get that he thinks they are going to be close games, but he's just covering his *** with the 1 pt so he can say he picked the right team if they win, or if they lose can make it seem less of a surprise and getting less of a burn off of it. (He also tried to cover his butt for the Tech game by saying he was worried about picking against us because of what CPR has done, what a cop-out).

The little hobbit needs to poop or get off the pot. None of this see-saw crap, pick a team and go with it! Pick by a field goal or 1 TD for all I care, just not this 1 pt junk!

:mad:/rant

Cyclonestate78

May 23, 2008
The team that scored 63 on West Virgina should be ranked below ISU?

Have you seen their defense? Ranked dead last in FBS in total defense. What do you think the winning percentage in college football is for a team scoring 63 points? I can tell you that Baylor's winning percentage in that situation is .000

chuckd4735

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2006
Indianola
Have you seen their defense? Ranked dead last in FBS in total defense. What do you think the winning percentage in college football is for a team scoring 63 points? I can tell you that Baylor's winning percentage in that situation is .000

Yeah I get that. I personally think ISU is better then Baylor, but nobody should be surprised that Baylor is ranked ahead of us. When you put on an offensive show like that, you will get some respect.

Cyclonestate78

May 23, 2008
Yeah I get that. I personally think ISU is better then Baylor, but nobody should be surprised that Baylor is ranked ahead of us. When you put on an offensive show like that, you will get some respect.

Yeah... I am not too worried about what Ubben's rankings are. I find his blog amusing more then anything. So far this season he has put teams facing ISU on upset alert 3 times and then turned around to pick that team to beat ISU every time. The thing I am sure that irritates some in the fan base is the lack of respect ISU gets. ISU is never picked to do much by any of the experts prior to the season and I think ISU fans expect that from national college football writers that have probably never even seen Iowa State play. On the other hand Ubben is supposedly the Big XII expert... a guy who is up to date on all Big XII teams and has studied up on teams like ISU that don't get as much exposure. Surely he would have a better idea of what ISU is capable of after watching what they have done over the past couple of seasons and what they have accomplished so far this season. Yet... somehow his predictions are just as bad as the experts that know nothing about ISU and in that sense it makes his predictions even worse.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
Baylor and OSU lost to WV and UT, by one score, respectively. ISU lost to TT by 13 pts, at home.

[h=1]Texas Tech 24, Iowa St. 13[/h] NCAA College Football Recap - Texas Tech Red Raiders at Iowa State Cyclones - Sep 29, 2012 - CBSSports.com

FuzzyMath_Title03_320x240.jpg

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron