David Ubben driving me crazy

Cyclonz

Nov 23, 2009
Denver, CO
Ubben never steps out, he always makes the safe pick. Iowa State under CPR thrives on being the underdog, so personally I'm happy when we get picked to lose. Relish being the underdog.

The_Architect

Apr 11, 2006
27443115.jpg

atlantacyclone

Sep 29, 2007
Fontvieille Monaco
1. Who gives a rat's behind?
2. I would be worried if he picked ISU to win.
3. On one hand he thinks that ISU will win and on the other TTU.
4. Doesn't matter how bad Iowa's offense is, they didn't get into the endzone against ISU and had a lot of turnovers to work with.
5. I hope that the team comes out sharp and ready to go!

cyclone87

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 6, 2011
Ames, IA
I would be surprised if either team got to 40 in this one, our defense has looked pretty good to me especially the linebackers and secondary, I just don't see Tech having their way with our D. I'm not sure how people are bringing up a game 2 years ago in order to make a prediction for the current game (didn't Utah hang 68 on us that year?).

Bret44

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 8, 2009
Cedar River Valley
This guy is predicting texastech to score 41 points against isu Saturday. I usually keep my mouth shut about "expert" predictions but this guy is putting out mindless garbage. Tommy tuberville hasn't sniffed a W against Iowa state. How is Texas tech going score 41points against a top big12 defense, also might I mention they are on the road.

I mean at some point you have to look at this and say this guy is a total clown he puts no effort into looking into this program.

Rant over now I can enjoy my Thursday here is the link to his predictions

Big 12 game predictions: Week 5 - Big 12 Blog - ESPN

[video=youtube;hwsUjjb82TA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hwsUjjb82TA[/video]

CYphyllis

Jun 22, 2010
Did you notice we are now on his upset list?

A win over Tech is now considered an upset? Hah.

So let me get this straight. ISU is higher in the polls, has hammered Tech two straight years, has better wins, playing at home, and the lines are pretty much at a pick 'em, yet ISU over Tech is an upset?

It's hard not to chuckle at times at ole Ubben.

Judoka

Jun 16, 2010
Timbuktu
A win over Tech is now considered an upset? Hah.

So let me get this straight. ISU is higher in the polls, has hammered Tech two straight years, has better wins, playing at home, and the lines are pretty much at a pick 'em, yet ISU over Tech is an upset?

It's hard not to chuckle at times at ole Ubben.

The lines have Tech favored by 3.

Cincyclone

Feb 5, 2012
Last I checked the line was at what, 3? Add in the 2 or 3 point homefield factor and it's pretty safe to say on a neutral field Tech would be favored by 6 or 7. Doesn't seem like a stretch to call it an upset.

PGreen ISU '92

Mar 6, 2008
Waukee, IA
I have no problem with David Ubben picking Texas Tech to win. He’s entitled to have his opinion. However, just yesterday in his Big XII blog he acknowledged Iowa State was a 3-point underdog and put this game on Upset Alert. http://espn.go.com/blog/big12/index/_/count/16

How can you predict Texas Tech to win 41-28 today when just yesterday you put the game on Upset Alert? What has changed in the last 24 hours? At least be consistent.

Go Cyclones!!!

Cyrok

Oct 14, 2009
DSM
I don't understand the outrage with Ubben's pick.

Reasons ISU should win:
We've done well against them the past two years.
Our defense has been solid.
Rhoads might have Tubbervile figured out. (?)
Home field advantage.

Reasons TT should win:
Solid offensively and defensively (even if it's been against poor competition).
Doege is a good-great quarterback.
Talent level - I'm too lazy to look this up again, but their recruiting classes average around #30 over the past 5 years and ours average around #70.
We have been turning the ball over way too much.

Ubben's prediction seems reasonable to me. I'm excited and nervous about this game - I think it's about 50-50.

Help Support Us

Become a patron