Dave Chappelle coming to Stephens Auditorium Jan. 28

EIClone

Nov 21, 2011
Solon
I wish I was going to be in town to attend. I've liked what I've seen of his.

I saw its a extremely restrictive show for cameras. They even require you to lock up your smart phone so you are unable to record anything. Its locked in a pouch and they lock it before you go in and unlock it for you when you leave. You keep possession but can not access it.

• Informative
Reactions: CTTB78

CycloneRulzzz

Gameday Guru
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA
Assuming I can get a ticket this will be my third Dave Chappelle show. Saw him in Ames in 13 and awhile back he was at Hoyt Sherman.

• Agree
Reactions: Dormeezy

CycloneRulzzz

Gameday Guru
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA
I wish I was going to be in town to attend. I've liked what I've seen of his.

I saw its a extremely restrictive show for cameras. They even require you to lock up your smart phone so you are unable to record anything. Its locked in a pouch and they lock it before you go in and unlock it for you when you leave. You keep possession but can not access it.

I like that he does this. We get so addicted to our phones. You can live without them for a couple of hours. Comedians use these live shows to test material for future specials.

Farnsworth

Apr 11, 2006
Des Moines, IA
I like that he does this. We get so addicted to our phones. You can live without them for a couple of hours. Comedians use these live shows to test material for future specials.

I agree, and I was looking into the tech pretty heavily last night just to see how it works. It's good that it forces people to just enjoy it, not try to profit, yet you still get to keep posesssion and walk out with it.

I'm sure people will sneak recording devices into some of his shows like they do beers at Jack Trice, it's not hard. Just watch any comedian special though and they are trying out stuff constantly on the road, and it may end up in a special some day. broadcasting it online hinders that process. Hense the need for these restrictions.

Or the freedom to tell un-pc jokes they cant do elsewhere (my favorites).

• Agree
Reactions: CycloneRulzzz

Drew0311

Nov 7, 2019
Norwalk, Iowa
He has show dates out through February, roll back the tinfoil. Glad that central Iowa is able to get acts like this to come through

Except there is no tinfoil. Maybe read what I wrote. It was a question wondering. Not saying that is why he did so. Nice attempt

• Disagree
Reactions: CyDude16

BanjoCy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2012
I don't use ticketmaster often, but I really can't understand why they show tickets that are unavailable... I probably had to select 30 different seats before I was able to get through without the "sorry... another fan beat you" notice.

• Agree
Reactions: Angie and Dormeezy

dawgpound

Retired Billy the Barnstormer
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2011
Des Moines, iowa
I hate ticketmaster with a passion, but thankfully was able to score tickets, can't wait for the show!

CycloneRulzzz

Gameday Guru
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA
I don't use ticketmaster often, but I really can't understand why they show tickets that are unavailable... I probably had to select 30 different seats before I was able to get through without the "sorry... another fan beat you" notice.

I only had to deal with 1 of those. For delivery I originally choose the option where your phone is the ticket but don't want to deal with the locking up of my phone (previous Dave shows I leave it in the car) so I switched to will call.

• Agree
Reactions: dawgpound

cyclonpediaJoe

Jun 27, 2012
Norwalk
He came to Stephens back in 2013 I think? I went then. Cost $60 I believe.
Yep! I happened to be off of work, sick, that day and got 2nd row tickets. Was actually underwhelmed at his set. Same with Tom Segura when he was at the Funny Bone a few years back. Iliza Schelzinger(sp) is the most recent one we've seen who has killed it.

ForbinsAscynt

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 8, 2014
Went to the box office and they reserved enough for everyone in line(they said). I couldn’t get 7 together but got 3 in row 22 and 4 in the balcony

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
I saw Wait Wait last night, and it's the most Iver ever seen Civic Center ushers go after phone users. There are like a 100 seats in some rows there and ushers will climb over 40 people to get to the phone users.

brianhos

Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 1, 2006
Trenchtown
Saw him at Hoyt Sherman 2 years ago or so, it was fun, but was only $40/ticket.

BWRhasnoAC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2013
Dez Moy Nez
I love Dave but this locking bag pisses me off. I'm a ******* adult, and I am not addicted to my ******* phone. Forcing me to lock out in a bag is beyond over kill.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron