Dave Andrews - New Football Strength Coach

somecyguy

Jun 19, 2006
Ha, just a few years ago, I remember reading the arguments with Pitt fans about how much better they considered their program. Now they are losing coaches to us.

Reactions: Snydes and Doc

ArgentCy

Jan 13, 2010
I will irrationally only judge this individual based on our ability to run a QB sneak on 4th and 1. If we can get that, he's doing his job well.

Yes, clearly our strength coach must be blamed for poor short yardage play calls. o_O

• Funny
Reactions: cyputz

ArgentCy

Jan 13, 2010
Wonder if anyone is going to start using some of this restricted blood flow results. Looks like it really works but would worry me.

https://fitness.mercola.com/sites/f...3/kaatsu-blood-flow-restriction-training.aspx

Because the exercise is done with such low weights, there's far less muscle fiber trauma and damage; especially relative to conventional strength training. This means you are able to recover much quicker, so you don't have to dig yourself out of a hole the next few days. In most cases, you can exercise different body parts nearly every day and rapidly attain the metabolic and physical benefits.

IndyClone15

Jan 28, 2019
Metropolis
Wonder if anyone is going to start using some of this restricted blood flow results. Looks like it really works but would worry me.

https://fitness.mercola.com/sites/f...3/kaatsu-blood-flow-restriction-training.aspx

Because the exercise is done with such low weights, there's far less muscle fiber trauma and damage; especially relative to conventional strength training. This means you are able to recover much quicker, so you don't have to dig yourself out of a hole the next few days. In most cases, you can exercise different body parts nearly every day and rapidly attain the metabolic and physical benefits.

Wrong thread?

• Funny
Reactions: cstrunk

ArgentCy

Jan 13, 2010
Is this not a strength thread? Seems like a way to build big muscle quickly, with less damage and recovery might be advantageous to a football team. But hey, what do I know, I don't make the big bucks.

• Dislike
Reactions: CyDude16

BWRhasnoAC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2013
Dez Moy Nez

Never heard of this but recovery shouldn't be a problem after the first month of weight training. Little creatine and amino pills goes a long ways.

• Winner
Reactions: isufbcurt

CoachHines3

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 29, 2019

im no doctor but i know a lot about that last part. except its only 1 body part for me