Dave and Buster's.

JHUNSY

Aug 31, 2013
Des Moines, IA
What a let down, I was expecting a new opening announcement.
giphy.gif

Last edited:

nfrine

Mar 31, 2006
Nearby
They are already starting to slow down (and close) in some areas...the one I was in was fun for 15 minutes. Really bad food too.

RyCy04

Sep 26, 2007
Omaha, NE
I go to the one in Omaha once every two years or so just to remind myself that it is not as fun as it looks.

3TrueFans

Just a Happily Married Man
Sep 10, 2009
Ames
The commercials make it look so fun though! You get together with 20 of your friends and have a blast playing games all night. Reality it's more like you go with your wife and she sits annoyed at the table as you're off playing Cruisin' USA for the 30th time.

QCCyclone

Feb 10, 2013
There is a D&B just a few miles away from my house. I've never been there. What is their shtick?

It really is pretty much a Chuck e Cheese for adults. More food offerings, better games (usually a little more sports oriented), beer, and a bit more expensive. It's probably fun to take the family to once a year or so, but I've never been too impressed with it.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
sunny-db.jpg

Nothing like getting a few steaks and trying to solve the recession. Our government could learn a lot from going to D&B's for steaks and skiball!

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
The commercials make it look so fun though! You get together with 20 of your friends and have a blast playing games all night. Reality it's more like you go with your wife and she sits annoyed at the table as you're off playing Cruisin' USA for the 30th time.

Great, now I'm going to have to make new plans for my wedding anniversary.

coolerifyoudid

Feb 8, 2013
KC
The one in KC has an outdoor patio upstairs with a bar. Went there a few years ago with some friends (no kids) and had a pretty good time. Drank, ate (better than typical bar food, but if you're expecting something great you'll be disappointed), played some games, drank some more and then saw a band on the patio later that night.

Not sure if they still do the band thing, but I'm a sucker for sitting outside and tossing back a few while listening to live music.

capitalcityguy

Jun 14, 2007
Des Moines
Agree with live music on patio, but you don’t have to go to Dave and Busters for that (and not sure they all offer this).

I’m kind of with others. I see the commercials and think...yeah, we need one in Des Moines! And then I’m like, well….I’m not sure I’d ever go. Can’t imagine the food would be that good (or at least the main reason to go). I guess before or after an event at Wells Fargo with a group might be fun, but can’t see myself going there much.

There's been some discussion of creating a mini entertainment district near the hotel they plan to build at the Iowa Events Center. I suppose a D & B would make sense for something like that.

....and to the OP, I doubt anyone is going to open a Dave and Buster since it doesn't appear they are a franchise type of operation. Must all be company owned/operated.

Last edited:

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
I’m kind of with others. I see the commercials and think...yeah, we need one in Des Moines! And then I’m like, well….I’m not sure I’d ever go.

Interesting. I don't think I have ever seen a D&B commercial and they are in this market. I guess I don't watch a lot of live TV though (thank you, DVR!) so I don't see a heck of a lot of commercials.

cloneu

Jul 26, 2007
Urbandale
www.golfdsm.com
Interesting. I don't think I have ever seen a D&B commercial and they are in this market. I guess I don't watch a lot of live TV though (thank you, DVR!) so I don't see a heck of a lot of commercials.

I don't think I have seen a commercial for them either up here. I went to a D&B one time and it was alright. The food was on par with most chain bar and grills. I was there with my wife, it probably would have been more enjoyable to be with male friends instead at that type of place.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron