Darius Lee Campbell update?

DuckDynastyCy

Feb 8, 2013
Nashville, TN
At this rate, unless he's very superior compared to the other QB's, he won't even be scout team QB. My guess is, though, that is either a) superior or b) SBR/Lanning/Hodge are transferring or c) Hodge/Lanning are switching positions.

It would be a Huge loss if we lost SBR to transfer. I still contend, when healthy, he is our best QB and may be a better fit for the Pistol. I was very impressed with Grant's progress, however, see him in a more Pro Style offense. I hope we keep them both because we will need them both, IMO due to injuries or just going with the hot hand. But we do need an offensive identity and clear offensive philosophy, which seemed to be lacking this year. And they seem to have different styles to me.

Last edited:

State43

Nov 22, 2010
Omaha, NE
At this rate, unless he's very superior compared to the other QB's, he won't even be scout team QB. My guess is, though, that is either a) superior or b) SBR/Lanning/Hodge are transferring or c) Hodge/Lanning are switching positions.
I thought the word was that Hodge might switch positions. With a new person taking the reigns at OC, who knows what the emphasis will be for the qb. I expect Grant to be starter, Sam to be backup with Lanning getting some snaps. I would b shocked if DLC doesn't redshirt.

DuckDynastyCy

Feb 8, 2013
Nashville, TN
I thought the word was that Hodge might switch positions. With a new person taking the reigns at OC, who knows what the emphasis will be for the qb. I expect Grant to be starter, Sam to be backup with Lanning getting some snaps. I would b shocked if DLC doesn't redshirt.

Personally, depending on who the OC and offensive system is, I don't think anyone will know who the starter is at QB until 1 week before NDSU. I do believe it will be GH or SBR though.

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
It would be a Huge loss if we lost SBR to transfer. I still contend, when healthy, he is our best QB and may be a better fit for the Pistol. I was very impressed with Grant's progress, however, see him in a more Pro Style offense. I hope we keep them both because we will need them both, IMO due to injuries or just going with the hot hand. But we do need an offensive identity and clear offensive philosophy, which seemed to be lacking this year. And they seem to have different styles to me.

I know I'm probably in the minority here, but in my mind and humble opinion, Rohach has surpassed SBR. Stronger arm and better pocket presence. However, SBR to date at least, has been a better decision-maker, and limits his mistakes. Rohach was firing on all cylinders in the 2nd half of that WVU game, though. Most fun I've had watching ISU's offense in the last 2 years.

DuckDynastyCy

Feb 8, 2013
Nashville, TN
I know I'm probably in the minority here, but in my mind and humble opinion, Rohach has surpassed SBR. Stronger arm and better pocket presence. However, SBR to date at least, has been a better decision-maker, and limits his mistakes. Rohach was firing on all cylinders in the 2nd half of that WVU game, though. Most fun I've had watching ISU's offense in the last 2 years.

I respect your your opinion and points. My only thing is that anyone judging SBR this year , it is not a fair comparison to him due to his 1st qtr injury vs. UNI which greatly affected his ability to throw and run all year, and later injuries due to Mess throwing him to the wolves. Injuries can also force an athlete into bad decisions when you are playing in pain. I think he needs to earn his spot back, and I agree Grant has looked great at times and not so great at times, same as Sam. I think with close coaching, better play calling, getting our running backs going, only then can anyone give any kind of analysis of Sam due to circumstances out of his control. He was a different QB last year. Grant could have a bright future too if he keeps improving like he did, and keep in mind the OL was mending at the end of the year when GR started. This is huge. The good news is, Grant got lots of experience. It all depends if the new OC wants a mobile QB or not...the edge goes to Sam if he does and Grant if he doesn't.

Last edited:

State43

Nov 22, 2010
Omaha, NE
Sam did not get hurt I the first quarter of UNI. That was Farniok.
Sam got hurt at the very end so 20 points on a bad UNI team isnt all that impressive. Not saying Sam isn the guy, he might be but I like that Grant can really sling the ball. Though sometimes it's right to the defender lol

DuckDynastyCy

Feb 8, 2013
Nashville, TN
Sam did not get hurt I the first quarter of UNI. That was Farniok.
Sam got hurt at the very end so 20 points on a bad UNI team isnt all that impressive. Not saying Sam isn the guy, he might be but I like that Grant can really sling the ball. Though sometimes it's right to the defender lol

Farniok did get hurt first, but I swear Sam got hurt the next couple series later? I was there but maybe I'm not remembering correctly. I know he was running for his life the whole game, that I do remember.

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
Farniok did get hurt first, but I swear Sam got hurt the next couple series later? I was there but maybe I'm not remembering correctly. I know he was running for his life the whole game, that I do remember.
Pretty sure it was sometime in the second half. I remember thinking he was going to have to go out--but then he clearly shook it off, and didn't go to the sideline.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron