Dan Hurley turns down the Lakers

• Presidential Race Discussion - Please make sure to keep all discussion within the "Politics Forum" in order to keep the main forums civil and politics-free.
    You can opt-in to the Political Forum in your user settings - note that the change may take up to 2 hours to process.

IASTATE07

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 30, 2016
Darvin Ham was coming off being the top assistant on a Bucks team that had won the finals. He was widely considered one of best assistants in basketball if not the top, if I’m not mistaken. Frank Vogel had a lot of success in Indiana. Just could never beat Lebron/Wade in the playoffs. I can’t explain Luke Walton.

Just because it didn’t work for them doesn’t mean it wasn’t a coveted job.

Frank Vogel was coming off being fired by the Magic. He's been fired three times in 6 years.

Who else is interviewing for the job when it's been open?

ClubCy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 8, 2023
Frank Vogel was coming off being fired by the Magic. He's been fired three times in 6 years.

Who else is interviewing for the job when it's been open?
Since 2018, whoever Lebron has allowed.

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com
Darvin Ham was coming off being the top assistant on a Bucks team that had won the finals. He was widely considered one of best assistants in basketball if not the top, if I’m not mistaken. Frank Vogel had a lot of success in Indiana. Just could never beat Lebron/Wade in the playoffs. I can’t explain Luke Walton.

Just because it didn’t work for them doesn’t mean it wasn’t a coveted job.

Luke Walton was talked about as a top assistant or something at Golden State. When Kerr was out, they gave the keys to Walton for a pretty nice win streak (if I remember correctly).

Reactions: ClubCy

ClubCy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 8, 2023
Luke Walton was talked about as a top assistant or something at Golden State. When Kerr was out, they gave the keys to Walton for a pretty nice win streak (if I remember correctly).
Ah I do remember that now. Thanks for jogging my memory. I forgot Kerr had those odd back health issues and Luke took over for a short time.

pulse

Mar 24, 2006
I think Hurley is going to end up with the Lakers. They’ll give him a big long guaranteed contract to entice him. The Buss offspring may finally have figured it out.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: exCYtable

Cyched

CF Influencer
May 8, 2009
Denver, CO
If TJ is going to break Wooden’s national championships record a UConn in disarray will help matters.