Dan Beebe one step closer to resigning

MilehighClone

Sep 14, 2007
Much rather follow OU than UT. They have Big 8 roots.... there's a slight hint of tradition in the air. Hoping Reba is right on this one....

zwclones51

Aug 4, 2010
West Des Moines
crazy how last year at the Thursday night game he was there and came down to front row student section and ppl were giving him ovations and high fives and such... And now this

2020cy

Aug 7, 2006
Wait. He is working on his contract buy out after 3 teams leave the conference, a conference that was a hearbeat from imploding twice and he decides to lawyer his *** off?!
He's gotta try to get all the $ he can, most likely it's the last job he will ever have.

InCytful

Jun 11, 2010
Omaha, NE
crazy how last year at the Thursday night game he was there and came down to front row student section and ppl were giving him ovations and high fives and such... And now this

The man makes a ton of money each year to get the high fives...and the raspberries, too. They don't pay you that kind of coin for nothing, and nothing in his contract says everyone will love him forever. I'm sure, however, that it's in there to pay him a lot of that contract's promised income to depart... People will forget him over time, and he'll have a check with a lot of zeros to console him...

Rods79

Nov 27, 2006
Des Moines
He can come work with me. As a Hawk fan, you see, I am a mid-level employee at BK, hoping to be a kitchen manager real soon! :D

Dude, you don't know what you are doing...Beebe will run three of your best burger flippers to more stable fast food chains like McDonalds, Wendy's, and Culvers.

Reactions: Cyclonestate78

cyclones500

Jan 29, 2010
Michigan
basslakebeacon.com
Yep, get start over completely. New name, new logo, new commissioner. New everything.

Interesting point with renaming. Ultimately, trying to establish a viable, long-term conference from this point involves more than rebranding, but maybe that's part of the puzzle.

If it's going to be more than just The Temporary Power Conference, it requires stripping down and rebuilding it. I don't want it to be a Safe-for-Now situation. I don't suggest rushing into mini-expansion, such as adding 3 teams to get to 12 just for the sake of it. Or pretending to re-think league solidarity until something better comes along for one school or another.

Why not DECIDE right now?

scyclonekid

Feb 13, 2008
Hit the road jack and dont ya come back no more no more no more no more no more........................................

skibumspe

Oct 8, 2006
South Korea
The Big 12 is poised to replace commissioner Dan Beebe with former Big Eight commissioner Chuck Neinas, CBSSports.com has learned.

One highly placed source said the conference was moving quickly to replace Beebe who had been under fire from some conference members after recent instability within the league. Neinas, currently a well-known college consultant, is expected to be named interim commissioner.

Neinas Sports Services

Interesting....when looking at Neinas list of previous employees, Deloss Dodds is right there on it. Click on the contact info at the top of the page & it takes you to more 'Who & Why' about Chuck Neinas, at the bottom of the page is a list of some of his more successful past employees.

Should this cause concern about having that 'sack of steel' to tell UT they can't have everything they want or another Beebe-type puppet?

jbhtexas

Oct 20, 2006
Arlington, TX
I don't understand this
The source said that MU chancellor Brady Deaton, who is chairman of the Big 12’s Board of Directors, was resisting Beebe’s decision to step down

Beebe has also received support from ADJP and President Geoffrey in the past as well. Funny how everybody seems to ignore that in their quests to exact their pounds of flesh from Beebe.

The funny thing is that he got a raise from $661,000 to over $900,000 after the debacle of Nebraska and Colorado leaving. They say it was because he was able to keep the BIGXII Conference together.

Beebe certainly has his issues, but the above facts should tell you something. You don't give somebody who sucks at his job a huge raise, and then fire him a couple of months later.

Beebe wasn't a great commisioner, and he wasn't the horrible commissioner that many make him out to be. This action is likely partly the "new start" mentality, and partly a concession to OU. And, last but not least, every clusterfudge needs a scapegoat...

Last edited:

kilgore_trout

Nov 10, 2006
Madison, WI
Beebe is a complete failure. 25% of the conference left and the conference almost exploded under his watch. I suppose you think Ken Lay (Enron) wasn't a horrible CEO.

Beebe has also received support from ADJP and President Geoffrey in the past as well. Funny how everybody seems to ignore that in their quests to exact their pounds of flesh from Beebe.

Beebe certainly has is issues, but the above facts should tell you something. You don't give somebody who sucks at his job a huge raise, and then fire him a couple of months later.

Beebe wasn't a great commisioner, and he wasn't the horrible commissioner that many make him out to be. This action likely partly the "new start" mentality, and partly a concession to OU. And, last but not least, every clusterfudge needs a scapegoat...

jbhtexas

Oct 20, 2006
Arlington, TX
Beebe is a complete failure. 25% of the conference left and the conference almost exploded under his watch. I suppose you think Ken Lay (Enron) wasn't a horrible CEO.

Why did the Big 12 presidents just give Beebe a big raise a couple of months ago? Why is/was Deaton resisting his resignation?

ISUFan22

Apr 11, 2006
Denver, CO

Beebe certainly has is issues, but the above facts should tell you something. You don't give somebody who sucks at his job a huge raise, and then fire him a couple of months later.

Beebe wasn't a great commisioner, and he wasn't the horrible commissioner that many make him out to be. This action likely partly the "new start" mentality, and partly a concession to OU. And, last but not least, every clusterfudge needs a scapegoat...

Correct. He can only herd the cats if they're not hopped up on catnip. Much of the Big 12 fatcats have been rolling in catnip for too long and have been impossible to wrangle.

That said, I have no issues with him being sent down the river - if it gets this unhappy family back together again.

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha
Ode to Dan Beebe by OU Bloomer

Dan, Dan,
How little did we know you so
We are sad now that you must go

We enjoyed your fine efforts to save the conference last year
We saw you had a 50% pay raise for one year grinning from fear

We knew you worked with Boren and thought he was from mars
People also tell us that Powers had you wash his cars

Yet we did not know you were for the little guy
Snyder said you were a family man - I hear a sigh

Mack said you could hauil luggage for him any day
Pinkel always said hi to you even on Sunday

Now we know the lawyers from baylor buffooned you
But you smiled and took it all from KStarr when nhe mentioned sue

Stoops was a pistol and you were his bullet as you were in cahoots
Old Tom O still talks fondly of your Armani suits

Hawkins even remembers you in the good times
Denton says you were the life of the party mime

Slive was surprised at your futile resistance
Delaney did not understand your persistance

Scott said he will quit posting fake Dan Beebe in your honor.
The Big east mafia commish always was a frowner

Enjoy your golden parachute
No one gives a hoot.

CyofClive

Nov 21, 2010
Seems that the U of Texas AD (Deloss Dodds) should resign also. He's making decisions that either the Big12 directors or the Texas University President should be making, i.e as far as revenue sharing goes.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron