CyTown Announcement - Monday 9/19 (Links in OP)

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
I would put in something like the Market at Malcolm Yards as the first development.

The Market

For those that have not been to Minneapolis in a while the The Market is a cool concept where you provide your credit card walking into the restaurant, and then are free to roam and get food at a number of stations. The Market is near the University of Minnesota but not near a bunch of other restaurants but is a desination for the area.

I can see students going there all the time and can see visitors to Ames going there even if an event is not happening near Trice, CY, etc.

For football games, the pay as you go for individual meals would work great for people wanting unique food to supplement their tailgate. Walk in - get food - walk back to tailgate and drink your neighbors Busch Light.

Depending how you structure rent for the food places, you could even see some aspiring college students start their culinary career by starting a concept in the space.
There is a place in StP called 7th St Food Truck that is also pretty badass.

PlanoClone

Mar 27, 2009
Ankeny, IA
Maybe I missed it but has there been a determination on where the parking between Trice and Hilton will be relocated to? And that will need to be in place for 2023 football season, right?

Related, any idea if there will be a new 'tent row' like what currently exists north of the stadium? Thanks in advance.

cyfan92

Sep 20, 2011
Augusta National Golf Club
Maybe I missed it but has there been a determination on where the parking between Trice and Hilton will be relocated to? And that will need to be in place for 2023 football season, right?

Related, any idea if there will be a new 'tent row' like what currently exists north of the stadium? Thanks in advance.

There will be a net addition to parking when you consider the removal of RV's in D lots, vertical parking versus horizontal pull-in style there is now, and the new lot next to Fisher Theater.

Phasing Map:

• Agree
Reactions: 2speedy1

cy4state

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 28, 2017
Nevada, IA
Which brewery is going to be located there?
I had heard of rumblings of Toppling Goliath for a while. Last year when the wife was driving by the Jack, she said Toppling Goliath was on all the banners inside. That would be an awesome brewery to have.

CY9008

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 14, 2010
West Des Moines, IA

First time I’ve seen Fall ‘25 as an opening date for the first phase of buildings. The first 18 months must solely be for prep.

“Iowa State officials sought approval in order to ready the site for construction. Iowa State Athletic Director Jamie Pollard has said the first buildings could open as early as fall 2025“

Didley

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 19, 2019

There will be a net addition to parking when you consider the removal of RV's in D lots, vertical parking versus horizontal pull-in style there is now, and the new lot next to Fisher Theater.

Phasing Map:
Double check me. But it seems like during Football Season next year, A4 and D4 will be demolished. But, D1, D2, and D3 will be completed, but combined into newly created D1 and D2 and about the same sizes as the previous 3 combined

jdcyclone19

Apr 14, 2017
Iowa
I had heard of rumblings of Toppling Goliath for a while. Last year when the wife was driving by the Jack, she said Toppling Goliath was on all the banners inside. That would be an awesome brewery to have.

I think they're out.

cyballrulz93

SuperFanatic
Jan 11, 2010

I was also wondering about tent row. That’s a decent chunk of money they’re going to let walk away if they aren’t relocated.

RustShack

Chiefs Dynasty
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 27, 2010
Overland Park
I thought they were going with a Des Moines location instead. But that was from someone in one of these threads. If I remember right they couldn’t agree on the rent price or something along those lines.

2speedy1

Jan 4, 2014
The rent from the medical office building will surpass tent revenue many times over. That before the suites and other commercial buildings go up
Exactly, but I am sure, they will end up putting them somewhere. Maybe not all in a row, but could see them being put somewhere. They could put some in various areas, in the new configured areas, in the lots surrounding JTS, or even around the RV lots in certain areas. Tents are something that are easy to put places. Just have to have a spot and a couple parking spots. I just can see them not being all in a row. Could be in several small rows or groups or just random spots to make up the same or similar number of tents.

But you are correct the income generated from CyTown will vastly outweigh those tents. But they still are probably important for some people/businesses etc. But as long as in the end they have a similar place they will be ok.

cyclone87

Apr 6, 2011
Ames, IA
the tents will be relocated, pollard has mentioned this and I think it’s in the FAQ section on the cytown website

Nor'easter

Sep 25, 2016
The rent from the medical office building will surpass tent revenue many times over. That before the suites and other commercial buildings go up
I hope they eventually move that medical building, it will being in a steady stream of bodies throughout the year but doesn't need to be front and center in front of Jack Trice.
It would just be empty on gameday wouldn't it? A big waste of real estate. They should put it in the southwest corner of the lots, near the football facility but not taking up valuable gameday real estate.

Unless they plan on having a free IV fluids station there for the tailgaters. That would be epic. Tailgater: "hey I just drank a handle of vodka in under half an hour, I'm about to die:chris:. I should go over to the free centrally located IV station and get IV fluids so I do not die:prohm:"