Cyhawk gameday

cycloner29

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
You breaking out the smoker this weekend? I've got back ribs going on tomorrow.

I have a couple jobs coming up. Next weekendI have a 200 wings to do for a small gathering. Going to have to figure out how to get this done a single smoker. May start them on the smoker and finish them on the grill. Marinate them in Franks Hot Sauce and Sriracha for a day and then add a sweet rub to get some heat and sweat. Son loved the ones I made last weekend. May do an eye of round roast and then reverse sear it on the grill. Turned out fantastic last time I did it.

Capture6.JPG

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
I have a couple jobs coming up. Next weekendI have a 200 wings to do for a small gathering. Going to have to figure out how to get this done a single smoker. May start them on the smoker and finish them on the grill. Marinate them in Franks Hot Sauce and Sriracha for a day and then add a sweet rub to get some heat and sweat. Son loved the ones I made last weekend. May do an eye of round roast and then reverse sear it on the grill. Turned out fantastic last time I did it.

View attachment 63810

Nice. Frank's is a staple in our house. I've made a similar marinade for wings but added honey in as well for the sweet. Never done 200. That's quite a load.

CloneGuy8

Mar 20, 2017
Nice. I've never done spare ribs. How long you keep them on? Do you use 3-2-1? I've only done a few hams, haven't been happy with the results. The tough outside makes it hard to infuse smoke flavor throughout.
I did ribs for the fist time a few weeks ago using the 3-2-1 method. Turned out really well; watched a youtube video of a guy putting butter, honey, and brown sugar in the foil during the 2 hour portion and it was really good.

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
I did ribs for the fist time a few weeks ago using the 3-2-1 method. Turned out really well; watched a youtube video of a guy putting butter, honey, and brown sugar in the foil during the 2 hour portion and it was really good.

Nice. I do pork back ribs using 2-2-1 method, adding butter before foiling. Might try brown sugar as well.

CloneGuy8

Mar 20, 2017
Anyone smoke sausage before? Thinking of trying that on the smoker

(also, I put this one on a tee for you guys. Enjoy)

MLawrence

Jan 21, 2010
Anyone smoke sausage before? Thinking of trying that on the smoker

(also, I put this one on a tee for you guys. Enjoy)

Personally, out of the couple times I have done it, I haven't had great luck with smoking sausages as the casing becomes tough and leathery.

• Informative
Reactions: CloneGuy8

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Nice. I do pork back ribs using 2-2-1 method, adding butter before foiling. Might try brown sugar as well.

I will rub olive oil and then coat with brown sugar on nearly all meats. The olive oil sticks the brown sugar and those together make a glaze type seal to keep things from drying out as easy.

I put any seasoning on afterwards.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron