Cyclones will be ranked preseason #5 or #6

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

cytor

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 20, 2011
I really hope the players handle the high expectations well. It will be interesting for sure. Regardless, I'm pumped!

• Agree
Reactions: motorcy90

ZRF

Jan 3, 2015
OU taking dead aim at a National Title spot. I like it.

If he pans out that's tough for us as the games we've lost against upper echelon teams have typcially started and stopped along the line of scrimmage. Not surprisingly, it's also been the key ingredient to Saban consistently dominating the football landscape. When talent (skill players) are given time (offense) or less time (defense) they can really go to town on the opposition.

With that said, I'm excited to see some strength gains and the dividends that will pay on the field.

Reactions: 20eyes

qwerty

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 3, 2020
Muscatine, IA
Not according to these guys. They list at least 12 teams above us and think Washington, Miami-FL and USC are above us too. We are third tier on par with Iowa and Cincinnati. Oh, and UConn and Kansas are on their own tier at the bottom. Of course, they are full of ****, except for the UConn and Kansas part.

cyfanatic

Oct 18, 2006
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
Not according to these guys. They list at least 12 teams above us and think Washington, Miami-FL and USC are above us too. We are third tier on par with Iowa and Cincinnati. Oh, and UConn and Kansas are on their own tier at the bottom. Of course, they are full of ****, except for the UConn and Kansas part.

And note that the same reason they say Iowa State won't be a playoff team (not good enough in recruiting and recruiting rankings) is the same reason (opposite though) they list for Nebraska possibly making a run (most talented team in Big 10 West)...whatever! Guess this author doesn't value on field coaching all that much? I get that the "elite" teams are loaded with talent...but Bama is at a different level right now than the rest of the pack!

beentherebefore

Nov 24, 2007

Well, 5-star culture is more than just a snarky dig at UT. And now that ISU is winning games, the ISU recruits are getting a bump up in stars. At times I wonder if starts that get assigned to recruits jump up big time if Alabama simply shows interest.

ISU does have a lot of players that were deemed "quality" guys by writers and coaches at the end of the Big 12 season.

But columnists do have to come up with their own "takes" on things to keep us all reading and commenting!