Cyclones TV coming to Mediacom in HD

HoopsTournament

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 12, 2006
St. Joseph, MO
www.hoopstournament.net
The issue is with flash support, since the iPad and the iPhone have the same operating system I'm not sure if there would be a difference. I know on Android I can watch archived videos on the app no problem but for live stuff I can only listen to the radio broadcast on the app.

Has nothing to do with operating system. The app was developed for the iPad to watch it, but not one for the iPhone.

twojman

Jun 1, 2006
Clive
Check out channel 798 in Central Iowa....in HD :)
I do not have a digital box or anything, just family cable. The lineup I saw from mediacom's website says channel 165 should be cyclones.tv but I cannot get the channel to come up on my tv's even after scanning for new channels. What do i do?

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
I do not have a digital box or anything, just family cable. The lineup I saw from mediacom's website says channel 165 should be cyclones.tv but I cannot get the channel to come up on my tv's even after scanning for new channels. What do i do?
I just checked, both 185 and 798 are working right now--I think they're looping the Tulsa game. No, not the bowl.

mustangcy

Apr 11, 2006
Bloomfield
Fell asleep watching the Tulsa game...woke up and watched the Tulsa game. Heaven...

Well..my HD channel is not working yet but close...very close to heaven.

cydsho

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006
Omaha, NE
Can you get cyclones.tv via Roku or other streaming devices?

Edit:
Smart TV app or internet set-top box (like Roku): Currently not supported. The only way to play Cyclones.tv content on your television is to incorporate the above setup through the iPad app and AppleTV or connect your computer to your TV via HDMI or other methods. Google Chromecast is another product currently on the market that will allow the user to wirelessly play content on their PC to their TV.

Last edited:

cyclo120

Apr 11, 2006
Still got nothing in Waterloo not feeling very confident about it being up anytime soon. I have reached out to mediacom and they said it wasn't in the local channel lineup but have also heard they are trying to figure out a channel for it. I would hope they would atleast put UNI game on mediacom 22 if no cyclone tv channel yet

06_CY

Apr 11, 2006

Do you have the regular cable box from Mediacom? If so, you should just be able to type 165 and get it. If you have a regular box, take it to Mediacom on Ingersoll and switch for a HD box for free.

If you only have Digital Ready Family TV, I don't see Cyclones TV on it.

Channel Lineup - Mediacom

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
I dont get it yet in WDM on 165 or 798, but its probably because mediacom is somehow horrible at pushing the channel map to the cablecards in my tivos and every single time there's a lineup or frequency change i have issues.

06_CY

Apr 11, 2006
Still got nothing in Waterloo not feeling very confident about it being up anytime soon. I have reached out to mediacom and they said it wasn't in the local channel lineup but have also heard they are trying to figure out a channel for it. I would hope they would atleast put UNI game on mediacom 22 if no cyclone tv channel yet

What is your zip code? I didn't think Mediacom was in Waterloo.

06_CY

Apr 11, 2006
I dont get it yet in WDM on 165 or 798, but its probably because mediacom is somehow horrible at pushing the channel map to the cablecards in my tivos and every single time there's a lineup or frequency change i have issues.

Must be an issue with your set-up. I have it clear as day in the Dallas County portion of WDM.

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
Must be an issue with your set-up. I have it clear as day in the Dallas County portion of WDM.

Its a mediacom issue. 2 tivos (of different models even), 2 cablecards, whenever they make a change they have issues getting updated maps to me. Last time they had to do a trick to flip the headend my cards were set on, but support seems clueless that this is even possible now.

iowastatefan1929

Oct 26, 2006
So with the isu Tulsa game just playing over and over here are some thoughts; our offense is hard to watch; I mean how do you get a safety in the end one with woody; the pistol should solve that issue. We had a ton of negative runs; pistol and better oline play should fix that; our offensive line was weak last year; there were sure some obvious warning sings our offense was going to bad I chose to ignore last year just because we won by 2 touchdowns; thanks defense. I thin we will know a lot after uni I'm not going to stick my head in the sand this year and ignor the obvious.

ZachsterPoke

Jan 4, 2010
Anybody know how the distribution of the channel will work out? A previous article mentioned that it'd be distributed across Iowa and into some bordering states. A map showing the distribution of the channel would be awesome.

3TrueFans

Just a Happily Married Man
Sep 10, 2009
Ames
I don't know but if Coach Rhoads wants to call and ask me anything about last years Tulsa team he can rest assured I now know everything about them.

mustangcy

Apr 11, 2006
Bloomfield
Lets see, Ive watched the tulsa game about 17 times now, will they ever show a different game?

I'm literally starting the Tulsa game for the 5th time this weekend...having said that I'm still lost as to how they dominated us so much in the last 3 qtrs of the bowl game. I know all the talk is how the home game was closer than the score but really..we were the better team on the field..clearly. I'm more confident about the Tulsa game know having watched this game so many times. That said, Tulsa has the weapons to beat us but...I don't think it happens.