The Rob Gray

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 2, 2016
Jan. 2: Iowa State guard Rasir Bolton is hit by Baylor’s Jared Butler. © Bryon Houlgrave via Imagn Content Services, LLC

Iowa State men’s basketball coach Steve Prohm said he and his coaches crafted a list of “about 10 things” his team needs to do in order to have a chance to beat No. 18 Texas Tech at 3 p.m. Saturday (ESPN2) at Hilton Coliseum. 

But there’s really one thing that’s most vital: Cutting down on turnovers.

The Cyclones (2-6, 0-4 Big 12) rank last in the conference in turnover margin (minus-2.13) and assist-to-turnover ratio (0.73-to-1). The Red Raiders (9-3, 2-2) will pose a serious challenge to efforts to improve both numbers — and finally break through with a league win — in ISU’s fifth matchup in nine games against a top-20 team.

“I think if you really look at our numbers, that’s been our Achilles’ heel,” Prohm said of taking care of the basketball. “The last five years I think we’ve averaged right around 11. We’ve got to shore that up. And...

Continue reading...

CyCloned

Oct 18, 2006
Robins, Iowa
How sad that this team is last in the league in assist to turnovers after Monte rewrote all those records just a few years ago.

superiorcyclone

Dec 12, 2013
Playing hard, blocking out, and doing that in practice to earn the right to play in games? My guess.

BWRhasnoAC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2013
Dez Moy Nez
How sad that this team is last in the league in assist to turnovers after Monte rewrote all those records just a few years ago.
Monte is the greatest of all time in ball control. At least so far back as there are stats.