Cyclones not on TV.

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
I saw the Russell Wilson interview with Baker Mayfield in which he talks about hating to lose more than liking to win. Yet, no reference to his loss to us. And being handled by a former QB turned LB. Wish he had aimed some spite our way.

cyhiphopp

Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
Ankeny
They should showcase Mayfield's "escapability" with this highlight.

MeowingCows

Jun 1, 2015
Iowa
They should showcase Mayfield's "escapability" with this highlight.

I love watching this play. You can see two related things: the point where Mayfield thinks Lanning gave up on the play and he's safe, and the point where Mayfield realizes he's suddenly not safe. If Mayfield keeps running back towards his linemen (instead of stopping within Lanning's range), he would've been in good shape.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
I love watching this play. You can see two related things: the point where Mayfield thinks Lanning gave up on the play and he's safe, and the point where Mayfield realizes he's suddenly not safe. If Mayfield keeps running back towards his linemen (instead of stopping within Lanning's range), he would've been in good shape.
Lanning shows his wrestling skills here by how quickly he goes from flat on his belly to back on his feet and in pursuit. I think Lanning's athleticism surprised Mayfield.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
I saw the Russell Wilson interview with Baker Mayfield in which he talks about hating to lose more than liking to win. Yet, no reference to his loss to us. And being handled by a former QB turned LB. Wish he had aimed some spite our way.
Say what you will about Mayfield but I think he is a competitor - albeit sometimes misguided - and I think he can offer respect to other competitors who best him. He seems to have a hard time with the respect of competitors who he bests at times, though.

• Agree
Reactions: isutrevman

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
Say what you will about Mayfield but I think he is a competitor - albeit sometimes misguided - and I think he can offer respect to other competitors who best him. He seems to have a hard time with the respect of competitors who he bests at times, though.
Maybe so. But I have a hard time getting past the egos of some of these dudes...like him, Newton, Manziel, and others...

clonebb

Oct 23, 2015
I swore I saw footage of ISU in the Wilson interview. Granted I was at a bar and was not actually watching closely.

CyCloned

Oct 18, 2006
Robins, Iowa
I think most other years it would be almost impossible to craft an OU highlight film without Cyclone footage.

could have found some good footage of Mayfield ripping ISU in the first few minutes of that game. I'm sure I'm not the only one that thought "here we go again" when the Sooners went up 14-0 that fast. I copied that game off of Youtube to rewatch, still not sure how or if ISU won.

BTW, Lanning and Lazard both thought very highly of his ability.

CychiatricWard

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 27, 2017
Des Moines
Maybe so. But I have a hard time getting past the egos of some of these dudes...like him, Newton, Manziel, and others...

As if Tom Brady, Aaron Rodgers, etc. haven't acted in ways Baker gets knocked for. They all have huge egos. It's a sport where people bash each other. I never understood the idea that these people need to be all goody goody. It's fun to see personalities!

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
As if Tom Brady, Aaron Rodgers, etc. haven't acted in ways Baker gets knocked for. They all have huge egos. It's a sport where people bash each other. I never understood the idea that these people need to be all goody goody. It's fun to see personalities!
Which is precisely why I don't watch the pros. It's more about the game for me.

• Winner
Reactions: aauummm

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron