Cyclones in the pros (hoops) 2020-2021

ABECyguy

Nov 14, 2019
Ames
I knew Tyrese's rookie stats were good, but hadn't seen him play much. Looked at these stats today and was really impressed!

Reposting this from the @CyberJJJ thread. It’s awesome to see these numbers backup what we see on the floor from Hali!

• Winner
Reactions: I-stateTheTruth

I-stateTheTruth

Nov 13, 2016
Two Cyclones on NBA courts last night and two disappointing losses for their teams.

The Kings dropped one to the T'wolves, the kind of team you need to beat if you want to get into this year's expanded playoff field. Haliburton continues to start and contribute: 33 MIN, 9 PT, 4-9 FG, 0-2 3PT, 1-1 FT, 2 REB, 7 AST, 2 STL, 2 BLK and 1 TO. Tyrese has now started 13 games, is shooting 42% from deep and has a very solid 3.35 to 1 assist-to-turnover ratio.

Utah lost at Dallas and Georges put up very Georges-like numbers. 13 MIN, 6 PT, 2-4 FG, 2-4 3PT, 1 REB, 1 REB, 1 AST and 1 TO.

No action for Matt and Abdel Nader did not dress for the Suns' win over Houston.

Reactions: simply1

I-stateTheTruth

Nov 13, 2016
Two Cyclones on the court last night - two wins and two double-digit scorers.

Monte Morris started for Jamal Murray and threw down for the Nuggets' 2nd bucket. Denver's offense was good and defense was sub-par but they got a comfortable win against Detroit. Monte's line: 23 MIN, 10 PT, 5-8 FG, 0-1 3PT, 2 REB, 4 AST, 1 BLK and 1 TO. The bench went crazy after Big Game's dunk:

The Lakers led pretty much from wire-to-wire and beat the Raptors by 9. Their leading scorer for the night was one Talen Horton-Tucker who was like the 4th guy to come off the bench but produced when he got in there. THT's line: 26 MIN, 17 PT, 6-10 FG, 3-4 3PT, 2-3 FT, 4 REB, 6 AST, 1 STL and 4 TO. Good to see him knocking down some 3s; he had fallen under 25% in that category.

His spin move is so good - it's like a, well, cyclone:

I-stateTheTruth

Nov 13, 2016
Georges and company will be on national TV tonight. Any chance for a Nader sighting after so many weeks?

1617821368154.png

Apparently not ....
1617823106853.png

I-stateTheTruth

Nov 13, 2016
I found video of Matt's possessions in his 7-point game vs. Orlando last week. Interesting to see him in the Utah uniform. He shoots so well on the move and it's fun to see him hit Georges in transition for a layup:

I-stateTheTruth

Nov 13, 2016
So a couple Cyclones were in action on Wednesday night. Monte did not start in place of Jamal Murray - Facundo Campazzo did - in the Nuggets' win over San Antonio. For a while he was leading in +/- though and he ended up with better numbers than Campazzo. Let's hope it was just an experiment. Monte ended up with 7 PT, 4 AST and 3 TO (!!!!).

The Jazz played a tough Suns team and came back to force OT on WED but took the L, 117-113. I watched Georges' first-half shift and he missed both his 3s but got some rebounds. On one very good offensive rebound from the weak side, he ended up getting his putback blocked into his face. He did hit a 3 in the 2nd half as the Jazz cut into the lead and ended with 3 PT.

On Thursday, Nader was still out with his bum knee and THT served a 1-game suspension, so Clones were in action for Utah and Sacramento.

The Kings lost to the Pistons - they can't D up anyone - and Tyrese moved back to a bench role, as Moe Harkless started in his place. Tyrese played more minutes though - 31 - and ended up with 9 PT (0-3 from 3PT; he's been cold from out there recently) but had 7 assists (and 3 TO).

Georges was the high scorer amongst Cyclones on Thursday night with 10 on 3-6 shooting in 18 MIN. He also had a team-high +20. The Jazz bounced back from their loss the night before for a comfortable win over Portland.

Matt got a couple garbage minutes in that one and missed a 3. (I saw a comment or two at the time of the trade that being sent to Utah was "ideal" for him. I have to disagree - I think anywhere where he could get some rotation time and show his value by knocking down shots consistently would've been better. Hopefully, he works his way into some PT but I doubt it is even an option for this season)>