Cyclones in the pros (hoops) 2020-2021

I-stateTheTruth

Nov 13, 2016

Abdel Nader is on the board for 2021!

Coming off his Jayhawk-induced concussion (do you INDUCE concussions?), Nader lost his chance to compete for minutes and now has to bide his time waiting for his chance. He got mop-up minutes in an absolute beatdown that the Wizards - the WIZARDS - bestowed on the Suns. His line tonight: 3 MIN, 2 PT, 2-2 FT, 1 REB, 1 AST and +2 (tied for top on the team :D)

It's a humble start for a guy who's proven he can be a rotation player.

I-stateTheTruth

Nov 13, 2016
I love seeing the clips of Haliburton - I wish I could see them play more. I like that young squad.

Tyrese's numbers are like Monte's - he always makes a significant contribution to the Kings' games. They picked up a solid win vs. the Pacers and sit at 5-6. TH's line: 29 MIN (5th-most on the team), 12 PT, 4-8 FG, 3-6 3PT, 3 REB, 4 AST, 1 STL and 1 TO.

He's passed Monte in scoring and is averaging 12+ points per game. I checked and he's been in double figures for 8 of his 9 NBA games so far. Remarkable start for this young man.

I-stateTheTruth

Nov 13, 2016
Well, if I said that Talen, Georges and Monte all had games, you probably wouldn't pick Niang to be the leading scorer (this year anyway) but he tied Big Game for most points of the 3. In his case, I'm convinced that playing 3 and 4-minute shifts when you've got ball-dominant guys like Mitchell and Clarkson makes it tough to find any rhythm. Joe Ingles was out again last night which meant a few more minutes for Georges and the Jazz crushed the short-handed Cavs (the Cleveland COVI-liers?). Georges topped off some good production during rotation minutes with a couple buckets in the 4th when the game is out of hand but he had 7 PT in the first half. His final line: 15 MIN, 14 PT, 6-11 FG, 2-4 3PT, 5 REB, 2 TO and +18.

Bodganovic fell on his surgically repaired wrist and left the game so we'll have to see if that was serious. I don't wish the guy any harm but it would increase Georges' PT like it did last year.

Georges basically doubled his scoring for the season last night and now is up to 2.5 PPG, which looks a lot better than 0.3.

Last edited:

I-stateTheTruth

Nov 13, 2016
I got to watch Monte's game last night - the Nuggets blew a big lead (largely with Monte off the court) and took a 122-116 loss at Brooklyn. Lately there is no D in 'Enver. Monte was terrific and their offense looked better when he was in. Before he'd really done much, Brooklyn's announcer praised him as a great pro (and mentioned Iowa State) - his reputation is really solid around the league. Tae started out 5-for-5 from the field including a 3 that tied the game up at the 3nd of the 3rd. His numbers: 24 MIN, 14 PT, 6-7 FG, 2-3 3PT, 1 REB, 2 AST, 1 STL and 0 TO. At one point, the broadcast noted that he had 12 points in 12 minutes.

THT had 1st half rotation minutes (7) and I think he was 1-6 from the field with 2 points. The Lakers blew out the lifeless Houston Hardens and so the whole 4th quarter was mop up time, practically. Not a great scoring night for Talen: 17 MIN, 4 PT, 1-8 FG, 0-4 3PT, 2-4 FT, 2 REB, 4 AST, 1 STL, 4 TO, 5 PF and -1. He's still basically a rookie, we have to keep in mind.

simply1

Rec Center HOF
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 10, 2009
Pdx
his +
Tyrese with 17-9-6 in tonight’s loss to the Blazers. Played 31 mins. And was on the court for most of the 4th. Encouraging to see him play so well so early. Looks like Walton recognizes he need Hali on the court as much as possible.
Shooting lights out so far, -14 on the +\-

Blazers announcers were really talking up Haliburton a lot, seen him a lot so far this season!

Hali had 3 turnovers in the 4th, including 1 that led to a breakaway for Nurkic of all people. Uncharacteristic turnovers for him at a bad time as it was tight.

Last edited:

I-stateTheTruth

Nov 13, 2016
Utah and Phoenix had their games postponed last night, so just Talen Horton-Tucker and Tyrese w ere in action. It was a similar shooting night for THT as their last game (but without so many fouls and turnovers). Talen's line: 13 MIN, 4 PT, 1-5 FG, 0-3 3PT, 2-2 FT, 2 REB, 4 AST, 1 TO and +10. LA won big again, over OKC. THT's scoring average is now 6.8 but his recent games have pushed his FG% to 44 and 3PT% to 29%.

Check out THT on the spin cycle and dish - great footwork and court awareness (bottom clip):

Tyrese had another great statistical night but the young Kings are struggling a bit and lost the lead a couple times in a loss to Portland. Haliburton's line: 31 MIN, 17 PT, 7-10 FG, 3-4 3PT,5 REB, 9 AST, 1 STL. 4 TO and -10. His scoring average is now up to 12.6.

It seems like TH has really developed a good touch on lobs off the bounce; it would be so easy to throw a pass like this too hard / far: