Cyclones in the pros (hoops) 2020-2021

I-stateTheTruth

Nov 13, 2016
Training camps start this week in the NBA so I thought it was time for a new season's thread on our guys in basketball that have gone pro.

We haven't really had a place for guys ballin' overseas so I left it as "in the pros" because I want to check in on guys like Ejim, Kane, D. Jackson etc.

I look forward to everyone's comments and content here.

Last edited:

I-stateTheTruth

Nov 13, 2016
Tyrese signed his rookie contract on Friday with Sacramento. Details:

Haliburton, a 6-foot-5 guard, averaged 15.2 points, 6.5 assists, 5.9 rebounds and 2.5 steals as a sophomore at Iowa State last season. He led the Big 12 Conference in assists and steals. He was second in field-goal percentage (.504) and third in 3-point shooting (.419).

Haliburton signed a rookie-scale contract for $17.8 million over four years. He will earn $3.8 million in the first year. Rookie contracts are guaranteed for the first two years with team options on the third and fourth years.

link: https://www.sacbee.com/sports/article247466360.html

I-stateTheTruth

Nov 13, 2016
Monte is guaranteed this year (at about $1.7M).

I can't find that Georges is guaranteed yet. The club held the option and it was supposed to become fully guaranteed in July. But temporary changes to the CBA pushed those dates back, I believe. But all signs are that the Jazz wants to keep him - he's good value at $1.8M - so I expect that it's guaranteed once training camp kicks off or something.

Last edited:

I-stateTheTruth

Nov 13, 2016
Currently un-signed (and the status of the G League seems unclear at the moment):

Deonte Burton, Marial Shayok and Naz Mitrou-Long. I guess we could throw Bubu Palo's name in there as he has been plying his trade for several years in the G League, though without any NBA appearances.

Edit: Naz got a training camp invite from the Pacers; see below.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: Acylum and NWICY

I-stateTheTruth

Nov 13, 2016
What a great job by Nader to stay in the league. Is this his 4th year now?
Yes, plus a G League year. He played one for the Celtics and two for the Thunder. He's increased his PT and his PPG every year (> 6 ppg last year). He's had times when there were injuries on the Thunder that he really stepped up and produced good numbers. I'm impressed and happy for the guy.

• Agree
Reactions: Acylum and NWICY

I-stateTheTruth

Nov 13, 2016
Nick Weiler-Babb got a contract with a much bigger club this year in Germany - Bayern Munich (yes, the basketball branch of the famous soccer club). This means he is playing both in the German League and the Euro League, which is the 2nd-best league in the world. Seems like he's off to a good start.

I-stateTheTruth

Nov 13, 2016
So this apparently happened yesterday:

Pacers Sign Guards Cassius Stanley, Naz Mitrou-Long
November 29th 2020 at 1:49pm CST by Alex Kirschenbaum
The Pacers have finalized agreements with two guards, signing rookie Cassius Stanley to a two-way contract and Naz Mitrou-Long to an Exhibit 10 deal, according to a press release on the team’s official site.

Indiana selected Stanley with the No. 54 pick in the 2020 draft out of Duke. The 6’6″ guard started all of his 29 games during his lone season with Duke in 2019/20, averaging 12.6 PPG and 4.9 RPG, while converting on 36% of his 3.0 long-range attempts a night. After two seasons with the Jazz, Mitrou-Long appeared in five games for the Pacers last season, averaging 9.4 MPG.
Link: https://www.hoopsrumors.com/2020/11/pacers-add-guards-cassius-stanley-naz-mitrou-long.html

That basically means that Naz has a non-guaranteed contract with an invite to the Pacers' training camp. There doesn't seem to be a lot of wiggle room on the Pacers' roster so I'm thinking that this might be 1. for emergency depth in case of injuries / COVID 2. a cheap way to fill the roster if the NBA allows for expanded rosters this year and/or 3. a show of loyalty to a guy that has been through a year in their system. Maybe they plan to offer a G League contract to him IF there is a G League season so they're hedging.

Either way, it's good for Naz to keep working. But this fan would like to see him go to a bigger European club and get some paydays and PT.

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
Tyrese signed his rookie contract on Friday with Sacramento. Details:

Haliburton, a 6-foot-5 guard, averaged 15.2 points, 6.5 assists, 5.9 rebounds and 2.5 steals as a sophomore at Iowa State last season. He led the Big 12 Conference in assists and steals. He was second in field-goal percentage (.504) and third in 3-point shooting (.419).

Haliburton signed a rookie-scale contract for $17.8 million over four years. He will earn $3.8 million in the first year. Rookie contracts are guaranteed for the first two years with team options on the third and fourth years.

link: https://www.sacbee.com/sports/article247466360.html
Interesting. People were talking about Tyrese doing well and playing out his rookie contract to “get paid”...but he’s already making more than Matt Campbell.

Reactions: I-stateTheTruth

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron