Cyclones in the pros (hoops) 2020-2021

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
The Nuggets open up against Sacramento on December 23rd! NBA league pass should be on a lot of cyclone fans’ Christmas lists this year.

I actually really like the Nuggets’ Altitude Sports broadcast team, probably because they absolutely love Monte.

Yeah the Nuggets radio guys are homers in the absolute best way. Fans of Walters and Heft will like them. They were so pumped when they made the WCF and so on the edge of their seat in the close games vs the Lakers. Really the Nuggets had a great claim to be the #2 team in the NBA down in the bubble.

Reactions: NWICY and Cyientist

Cyientist

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 18, 2013
Ankeny
Such a crazy difference from the non-guaranteed rookie deals. He was slated to make $1.7 this year. He just quintupled his paycheck!

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
Such a crazy difference from the non-guaranteed rookie deals. He was slated to make $1.7 this year. He just quintupled his paycheck!

The draft and finding good undrafted free agents really matters when putting together a roster of salaries.

Pick a few wrong first rounders and you're paying some significant cash for nothing. Find players in the second round or undrafted that can contribute and you get them for an absolute steal for a few years. Even some of the mid to late first round guys can be a real steal for the money if they pan out.

IDClone

May 17, 2014
The draft and finding good undrafted free agents really matters when putting together a roster of salaries.

Pick a few wrong first rounders and you're paying some significant cash for nothing. Find players in the second round or undrafted that can contribute and you get them for an absolute steal for a few years. Even some of the mid to late first round guys can be a real steal for the money if they pan out.

IDClone

May 17, 2014
Jokic was also a second round pick at #41. Couple of months ago saw somebody do a redraft of Monte and Jokic based on NBA play. Monte redrafted at #11 and Jokic at #1. Well deserved for Monte, they love him in Denver and he is known as Mr. Nugget.

cyfan92

Sep 20, 2011
Augusta National Golf Club

Someone who is more in the know than me can answer this. But the NBA is handing out FAT contracts like candy on halloween. This to means screams bargin pricing for Monte. Am I wrong?

1607445664314.png

I-stateTheTruth

Nov 13, 2016

Someone who is more in the know than me can answer this. But the NBA is handing out FAT contracts like candy on halloween. This to means screams bargin pricing for Monte. Am I wrong?

View attachment 79016
I don't know how to slot his market value - on the one hand, he's been a proven producer. But he does struggle with some of the larger wings, given his size. And his shooting is average, which is important. Also, he didn't have too much leverage since he wasn't yet a free agent. I think the $27M is a win for both sides since Denver locks him in and Monte doesn't have the uncertainty of playing a year and then being an UFA. I'm not an expert but that's a quick take.

I-stateTheTruth

Nov 13, 2016
Finally some news on Abdel Nader in Phoenix, as he was one of the players meeting with the press yesterday. Understandably, he'd prefer not to be known as just the "other player" in the CP3 trade:

Here's about 6 min of his time with the Phoenix press yesterday:

I-stateTheTruth

Nov 13, 2016
About a 6-minute interview with Matt Thomas this week - talks about following protocols, how he improved during the hiatus last Spring / Summer, COVID in Wisconsin, his comfort level this year vs. last yr ...

Reactions: NWICY

I-stateTheTruth

Nov 13, 2016
Wow - and he hasn't even played a minute of PRE-SEASON basketball yet.

• Informative
Reactions: NWICY

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron