NBA: Cyclones in the pros 2021-23 (hoops)

I-stateTheTruth

Nov 13, 2016
Only Talen Horton-Tucker was in action Saturday of the ex Clones in the NBA.

He went for double digits with 10 points on 4-7 / 2-4 shooting in 17 minutes in a narrow Jazz loss.

For the year, THT is averaging 7.7 ppg in 17 minutes in his first 22 games.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
Only Talen Horton-Tucker was in action Saturday of the ex Clones in the NBA.

He went for double digits with 10 points on 4-7 / 2-4 shooting in 17 minutes in a narrow Jazz loss.

For the year, THT is averaging 7.7 ppg in 17 minutes in his first 22 games.

Talen is quietly turning it around when he gets his opportunities. Easily playing better than last year.

All four of our guys are significant contributors right now. An All Star, a starter, one of the better 6th men in the league, and a solid scorer and playmaker off the bench.

clone52

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 27, 2006
No one will actually believe this, but while watching his first game as a Cyclone I said he would become Iowa State's best NBA player ever.

• Informative
Reactions: davegilbertson

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
Without a doubt Halliburton. Most people have forgotten about Tinsley’s turnovers. He averaged over 4 TO per game.

Tinsley was maybe better at dribble penetration but Tyrese is so elite in so many ways.

To have the passing vision he has, but also being a crazy efficient shooter and having a near 7 foot wingspan...That’s just incredibly rare on the planet.

I hesitate to call someone a better ball handler than Tinsley because he was a globetrotter wizard with the dribble, but he took so many risks. Monte is actually the best ball handler we’ve had and elite at NBA level in terms of ball security, but he’s on the other end of the spectrum in terms of taking risks. Tyrese right in the middle there where he has some “showtime” but reels it in more than Tinsley did.

When I watch Tyrese play it reminds me of the elite guards of the NBA in the 80s. He isn’t as physically strong as Magic obviously but he plays point guard with a similar flavor as Magic. Same fluid grace and constantly creative mind.

• Agree
Reactions: GTO

bsaltyman

Drinker of Ames Lager
SuperFanatic
Sep 20, 2012
Ames, IA
No one will actually believe this, but while watching his first game as a Cyclone I said he would become Iowa State's best NBA player ever.
That’s impressive if you picked Halliburton to be our best NBA player ever after watching him score 12 points and dish 4 assists in his first game back in 2018 against Alabama State. I thought he was a great freshman at the time, but I never realized how much potential he had then.

clone52

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 27, 2006
That’s impressive if you picked Halliburton to be our best NBA player ever after watching him score 12 points and dish 4 assists in his first game back in 2018 against Alabama State. I thought he was a great freshman at the time, but I never realized how much potential he had then

Don't give me credit. I have said similar things about others

• Funny
Reactions: NENick

I-stateTheTruth

Nov 13, 2016
Talen is quietly turning it around when he gets his opportunities. Easily playing better than last year.

All four of our guys are significant contributors right now. An All Star, a starter, one of the better 6th men in the league, and a solid scorer and playmaker off the bench.
I haven't seen THT with the Jazz yet. I have to find a national TV game.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
I haven't seen THT with the Jazz yet. I have to find a national TV game.

Yeah, I just read box scores and highlights on YouTube. I used to listen to tons of games on radio when I had crazy long commute but I don’t even have XM now that I work mostly from home.

Living in LA I get a lot of Lakers just because it’s the only sports team the metro actually is passionate about, a few places I hang out will have the local cable channel on that’s basically all Lakers replays. The Lakers are just a mess, to the extent where I think you can’t even judge THT on that stint. Excited to see if he can really thrive this year.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron