NBA: Cyclones in the pros 2021-23 (hoops)

I-stateTheTruth

Nov 13, 2016
As mentioned, Nader was rested in the Suns' win to deal with a knee injury.

The Bulls got blown out by Indiana and Billy Donovan played Matt Thomas the entire 4th quarter. My guess is that the competitor in the Ice Man is kicking himself a bit as he didn't shoot the ball at a good rate and this was his first chance at some extended minutes to do so. In his first year with Toronto, he was coming off the bench and hitting 50%+ a lot of times but once he got to Utah last year, he didn't take advantage of his limited chances. It could be that he's pressing and that's the cause but there are a lot of guys out there trying to make a roster so let's hope that dominant shooter comes back. In the end he played 12 MIN, had 5 PT on 2-7 FG / 1-4 3PT.

But at least he's getting paid at $1.7M a year ....

I-stateTheTruth

Nov 13, 2016
LeBron is suspended for tonight's game; THT is back in the starting lineup.

1637714251869.png

(Tipping off now on TNT)

I-stateTheTruth

Nov 13, 2016
Cyclones are not burning the nets this week in the NBA...

THT on Tuesday night started and went 0-8 from the field (0 total points) in a loss to the Knicks. He followed that up on WED with a 3-10 performance and 8 points in a starting role again in a win over Indiana.

Monte, on the other hand, finally had some good shooting numbers on Tuesday night but had FOUR TURNOVERS (3 in the 1st half) in a bad loss to Portland. The Nuggets are still missing Jokic and Porter and are struggling. Monte had 16 PT on 7-11 shooting (2-3 from 3PT). Monte hasn't had a 20-point night all season in spite of being a starter every game.

The Kings got a good W against Portland last night. Haliburton started and scored 6 PT on 2-9 shooting.

The short-handed 76ers lost at Golden State last night to end their 6-game road trip. Georges started and had 9 PT on 4-11 shooting.

Nader again was held out due to his knee last night for the Suns and Matt continues to rack up DNPs.

Last edited:

I-stateTheTruth

Nov 13, 2016
On Cyclone Victory Day, Monte's Jokic-less Nuggets continued to falter and take the L against the Bucks. Good numbers for Big Game though, as a starter: 32 MIN, 15 PT, 6-14 FG, 3-6 3PT, 1 REB, 8 AST and 2 TO.

Matt got 2 points in mop-up duty in a big Bulls' win over Orlando.

The Suns won but Nader is still not dressing due to a knee injury.

I-stateTheTruth

Nov 13, 2016
The Kings came back and beat the Lakers in 3 overtimes.

Haliburton started and had 19 and 9 assists in 47 minutes. THT did NOT start and had 7 points in 24 minutes.

Reactions: carvers4math

I-stateTheTruth

Nov 13, 2016
The 76ers seemed to show some rust and trailed Minnesota most of the game then ended up losing 121-120 in 2OT. Embiid was back after missing 9 games with an injury. Also back were Green, Harris and Curry so Georges so what are probably more "normal" minutes compared to what he's been seeing. His line: 22 MIN, 6 PT, 2-5 FG, 2-4 3PT, 2 REB, 2 AST and 1 BLK.

I'm watching the recording of the game now but I found this blurb interesting from Liberty Ballers -- Georges is a factor on D now:

- The Sixers tightened up defensively in the third quarter. Georges Niang was often tasked with guarding KAT while Embiid roamed the paint. The Sixers continued this in the 4th with Harris guarding Towns.

Going into the game, Georges was averaging 11.7 PPG and 26 minutes, which could end up being high-water marks for the season, if the 76ers stay healthy.

Nader is still being held out due to his knee injury and did not play in the Suns' win over Brooklyn.

The usual DNP for Matt in Chicago's loss to MIami. Chicago lost by 3 and shot 28% from deep. If only they had one of the world's greatest shooters sitting on their bench ....

Last edited:

Rural

Feb 3, 2010
The 76ers seemed to show some rust and trailed Minnesota most of the game then ended up losing 121-120 in 2OT. Embiid was back after missing 9 games with an injury. Also back were Green, Harris and Curry so Georges so what are probably more "normal" minutes compared to what he's been seeing. His line: 22 MIN, 6 PT, 2-5 FG, 2-4 3PT, 2 REB, 2 AST and 1 BLK.

I'm watching the recording of the game now but I found this blurb interesting from Liberty Ballers -- Georges is a factor on D now:

- The Sixers tightened up defensively in the third quarter. Georges Niang was often tasked with guarding KAT while Embiid roamed the paint. The Sixers continued this in the 4th with Harris guarding Towns.

Going into the game, Georges was averaging 11.7 PPG and 26 minutes, which could end up being high-water marks for the season, if the 76ers stay healthy.

Nader is still being held out due to his knee injury and did not play in the Suns' win over Brooklyn.

The usual DNP for Matt in Chicago's loss to MIami. Chicago lost by 3 and shot 28% from deep. If only they had one of the world's greatest shooters sitting on their bench ....

Covid

• Agree
Reactions: carvers4math

I-stateTheTruth

Nov 13, 2016
Rough night for the Kings' starters - including Tyrese - as they were blown out in Memphis by 27. Gentry benched the starters in the 2nd half and let the bench finish it out so Haliburton's meager line was this: 20 MIN, 5 PT, 1-4 FG, 1 REB, 2 AST, and 1 TO. Tyrese has failed to hit double-digit scoring in 6 of his last 9 games (but, of course, he's the type of player who does a lot more than score).

Talen did not start but played the 5th-most minutes for the Lakers, who held off Detroit for a win. He started off very cold but finished with a solid line: 27 MIN, 12 PT, 4-10 FG, 1-4 3PT, 8 REB, 4 AST, 1 BLK and 0 TO.

Rural

Feb 3, 2010
I doubted it at first but I'm starting to think Hally might be involved in some 3 or 4 team deal for Simmons.