NBA: Cyclones in the pros 2021-23 (hoops)

carvers4math

Mar 15, 2012
Given that Murray always seems to be injured, I am not sure trading Monte is wise on their part but he does have value for pretty much any team as either starter or backup at point, depending on what they are looking for in return.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
Given that Murray always seems to be injured, I am not sure trading Monte is wise on their part but he does have value for pretty much any team as either starter or backup at point, depending on what they are looking for in return.

He’s been great for them just because he’s stayed healthy, but I actually think Jokic on the floor so much as point center kind of makes it hard for him to maximize what he can do running an offense.

carvers4math

Mar 15, 2012
FYI for anyone that is interested Summer Cy-Wollves play are on ESPNU at 8 tonight vs the Grizz. Should be a good game.
The only one who played while I was watching was Conditt. I think he got a bucket, took me a while to figure out which one was him watching on my phone while outside. Think he was #44. I thought he looked good on defense and pulled down several boards.

Reactions: Cyclone27inQC

carvers4math

Mar 15, 2012
So this game with Wolves and Bucks has four Cyclones and a guy who some people think is of interest although he was never a Cyclone.

Wigginton has no point at half but impressed me a lot with his five assists, distribution and ball handling. His teammate Green has a bucket I think, but had a terrible flop he got away with to help McCormack get five fouls in the first half.

Shayok looks smooth, has points, but still struggling from three. Missed Burton’s minutes so far but he and Shayok started I think. Conditt has a bucket and has impressed me in these games, somehow he looks better on defense anyway than McCormack.

cycfan1

Nov 27, 2006
Ames
The Los Angeles Lakers are in advanced talks on a trade to acquire Utah Jazz guard Patrick Beverley for Talen Horton-Tucker and Stanley Johnson, sources tell ESPN. Deal could be finalized as soon as Thursday.

cyclonesurveyor

Jan 26, 2009
Fort Collins, CO
Reactions: Snydes

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
The Los Angeles Lakers are in advanced talks on a trade to acquire Utah Jazz guard Patrick Beverley for Talen Horton-Tucker and Stanley Johnson, sources tell ESPN. Deal could be finalized as soon as Thursday.

Maybe Beverly can teach Russ how to play defense and Russ can teach Beverly how to score.

Reactions: Snydes

I-stateTheTruth

Nov 13, 2016
Giving up on a young THT for Beverley is a very win-now-because-LeBron-ain't-getting-younger move. I read this today on THT - discussing the trade to Utah - on Silver Screen and Roll (the best name for a fan site ever):

After once being seen as an untouchable piece in a Kyle Lowry trade years ago, THT is now part of a package in a trade to bring in a veteran point guard in Beverley. It’s a drastic fall from grace for a player that once was seen as the promising future of the franchise.

However, it’s hard to argue with the results from last season when Horton-Tucker was a shell of himself even this early in his career. The Lakers front office and coaching staff did him no favors with the roster around him and the rotations he was used in. Still, his inability to develop a reliable jumper severely hindered his development, especially when tasked so often with playing alongside LeBron James and Anthony Davis.

Fishhead

Oct 6, 2010

Not sure if it was posted elsewhere, but Tyrese Halliburton with an appearance at 1:59

• Funny
Reactions: NWICY

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land

Not sure if it was posted elsewhere, but Tyrese Halliburton with an appearance at 1:59

Andre Drummond and Gary Payton are most funny.

Urkel is a walking bucket, Tyrese is right that's a complement. It's not the craziest comment because Tyrese makes the game look silly sometimes with his length.

Reactions: Fishhead